What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services?

Go down 
+6
Nystyle709
TSJFan4Ever
Shale
Alan Smithee
Cheaps
RedBedroom
10 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services? Empty
PostSubject: What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services?   What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 10:23 pm

I used to go to a higher end place when I did work for someone who owned one. She moved so I stopped that and go to the run of the mill mall type places.

Almost a year ago, I got a gift card for one of, if not the most, high end places here. Since it is about to expire, I decided to take my son for his cut there, and then just get some products to make up the difference.

I was so unimpressed. They did a good job on the cut (my son wears his hair long) but as far as the atmosphere, I don't think what they charge is worth it.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services?   What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 10:37 pm

one of my aunts is a cosmetologist and has her own shop, so i been going to her since i was 16, she does great job and hooks it up on what she charges. i've also had few friends, who do have their license as well, do it from their home when they needed money on the side.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services?   What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 11:05 pm

A barber cuts my hair
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services?   What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:36 am

I cut my hair.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services?   What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 1:25 am

A friend of mine has a Mom who owns a salon but I haven't been there in ages as I'm growing my hair out. My sister-in-law knows of a good place so next time I visit her - next month - she's going to take me. My hair is getting pretty bush, so I need to figure out how to get a cut that will still allow it to be long, or growing out, but not be so bushy.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services?   What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 2:04 am

I go to the salon. Or maybe I'll have someone do it at their house.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services?   What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:13 pm

Salon for cuts. I do my own color.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services?   What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:17 pm

CeCe wrote:

I always go to the salon for color. I prob. could do it myself, but I'm afraid I'll mess it up. I can't afford to have my hair falling out, lol.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services?   What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:18 pm

CeCe wrote:
... I do my own color.
Same here. I really like white hair. Blue Cool
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services?   What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:26 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
CeCe wrote:

I always go to the salon for color. I prob. could do it myself, but I'm afraid I'll mess it up. I can't afford to have my hair falling out, lol.

There is some slight danger of that. One time I turned my hair a lovely shade of lavender LMAO! But that was when I was doing the blonde thing. If you're not going really light the main worry is getting the shade you want right.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services?   What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:29 pm

CeCe wrote:
Nystyle709 wrote:

There is some slight danger of that. One time I turned my hair a lovely shade of lavender What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services? 954338 But that was when I was doing the blonde thing. If you're not going really light the main worry is getting the shade you want right.

And I know sometimes is takes a few tries and a few mixes to get the shade that you really want. Usually, they have to strip my hair before putting the color on. I know I can't do that myself.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services?   What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:29 pm

Shale wrote:
CeCe wrote:
... I do my own color.
Same here. I really like white hair. Blue Cool

I think it looks great on guys. I wish most of them would leave the "Just for Men" on the shelf. But I will never see mine for more than a day or two. lol
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services?   What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:32 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
CeCe wrote:

There is some slight danger of that. One time I turned my hair a lovely shade of lavender What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services? 954338 But that was when I was doing the blonde thing. If you're not going really light the main worry is getting the shade you want right.

And I know sometimes is takes a few tries and a few mixes to get the shade that you really want. Usually, they have to strip my hair before putting the color on. I know I can't do that myself.

Yeah, anything involving bleach & stripping the color I don't like to mess with at all. You can end up with your hair breaking off at the scalp. Not a good look.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services?   What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:36 pm

CeCe wrote:
... You can end up with your hair breaking off at the scalp. Not a good look.

Well, maybe for white girls ...
What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services? Rokiatraorc3a9

It is such a cultural/ethnic look. When I worked the oncology unit, I noticed the white women whose hair fell out looked bald, but the black women looked high style.

Back to top Go down
2xy
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
2xy

Female
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services?   What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 9:45 pm

Salon for me. I have done my own color, which usually turns out okay, but it's a PITA and I usually miss a lock or two. I'd rather someone else does it for me. Hair is the only thing I bother paying for. I'm not a get-my-nails-done or have-my-eybrows-threaded kind of gal. I go every 6-7 weeks and spend about $90, including the tip.

My boys go to Supercuts.

DH uses clippers on himself in our bathroom.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services?   What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 9:49 pm

I go to a Salon to have my hair cut.
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services?   What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 10:44 pm

I go to a hair dresser that's about 20 minutes away from my house. Been going there ever since I was in middle school. They do good work. From time to time when I'm feeling bold or broke I try to do it myself, but I usually go get it hooked up at least once a month.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services?   What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services? Empty

Back to top Go down

What kind of place do you go to to get your hair cut and other salon services?
Page 1 of 1