CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
CeCe
DanaShelbyChancey
6 posters

Life's Little Inequities

DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 10

Life's Little Inequities Empty Life's Little Inequities

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:32 pm

Makes me wonder. Me and my husband were in a good restaurant one evening, quietly enjoying our fine meal. The young couple at the next table didn't like anything they ordered, and complained loudly and often.

The end result was, they got a second meal, everything free, and got kowtowed to by the obsequious manager, who kissed their butts firmly. I saw the girl smirk at her guy when she got up to go to the ladies room.

But me and my husband were quiet and polite, enjoyed our food with no complaints, and got much less attention, and paid full price.

Is it just me? I know there is no other way it could go down. but it seems unbalanced.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Life's Little Inequities Empty Re: Life's Little Inequities

Post by CeCe Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:40 pm

Scammers & users. They'll get theirs eventually. Maybe a little food poisoning from their "free meal". But I'll take the way I am over people like that anyday. I may be broke, opinionated & a little assertive. But I'm honest. And I'm not an asshole.

Most of the time Wink
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:24 pm

The manager went overboard. It's one thing to prepare a replacement ~ as long as they didn't eat more than a bite or two ~ but I don't think it was smart to make the meals free. Perhaps not charge for the meal if they did NOT want a replacement.

Scammers like these two probably wouldn't like me all that well if they pulled that in my restaurant.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:49 pm

I've known people who make their living getting over. Karma will catch up with them eventually.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:11 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:I've known people who make their living getting over. Karma will catch up with them eventually.

co-signs
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:00 pm

DanaShelbyChancey wrote:Makes me wonder. Me and my husband were in a good restaurant one evening, quietly enjoying our fine meal. The young couple at the next table didn't like anything they ordered, and complained loudly and often.

The end result was, they got a second meal, everything free, and got kowtowed to by the obsequious manager, who kissed their butts firmly. I saw the girl smirk at her guy when she got up to go to the ladies room.

But me and my husband were quiet and polite, enjoyed our food with no complaints, and got much less attention, and paid full price.

Is it just me? I know there is no other way it could go down. but it seems unbalanced.

Dana, what you didn't see was what went on in the kitchen. "Oops, that fell on the floor. I'll just brush it off before putting it back on the plate." "I just wiped my ass but I'll be sure to go back and wash my hands after I prepare your meal." "Man, do my sweaty balls itch, *scratch scratch*. Ah, that's better. These tongs sure make a great ball scratcher! Now I just need to turn your steak..." They say the squeaky wheel gets the grease. In restaurants, they get loogies hocked in their food.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:47 pm

Sadly, people like that love a good scam. Too bad that manager really treated them so well. One free meal would have been enough, even if it was the truth.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:10 am