Prayers for Bobby Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prayers for Bobby

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Prayers for Bobby Empty
PostSubject: Prayers for Bobby   Prayers for Bobby EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:57 pm

Has anyone seen this?

It is about Bobby, who was a young gay male, and his parents, Mom especially, thought he could be cured or fixed by understanding God's plan and how homosexuality is wrong.

I watched it a long time ago, and just rewatched it. Both times, I left being so pissed at the family. I feel like they all decided to take the reins on being so into helping gay youth that it was as if we are supposed to be sympathetic to them or something.

Given it is a true story, I should probably try to find a book about it, but still, I think this family is shit.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Prayers for Bobby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Bobby   Prayers for Bobby EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 1:53 am

He killed himself by jumping off a bridge, right? I never saw that movie, I saw the ads and first of all couldn't believe how bad Sigourney Weaver looked, and second, yeah, I gotta agree, she came off as something of a self-pitying bitch.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Prayers for Bobby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Bobby   Prayers for Bobby EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:09 pm

Yeah, he did jump off the bridge. That is just over half way through the movie after he spent about a year living in the situation that his own family couldn't look at him without disgust. Then after he has been dead for a while, Mom starts to see the light and the family become crusaders for gay youth.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Prayers for Bobby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Bobby   Prayers for Bobby EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 3:18 am

Unfortunately it seems something drastic of the such has to happen sometimes before people step up for what they should've in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Prayers for Bobby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Bobby   Prayers for Bobby EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 11:46 am

Yes. I saw this movie when it aired on Lifetime. Very sad. I also remember when the lady whose son committed suicide used to appear on the afternoon talkshows in the 80s and 90s. On one particular talkshow, I forget which, she was there on the same panel with the Fred Phelps/Westboro clan. They were telling this woman, to her face, that her son was burning in hell.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Sponsored content

Prayers for Bobby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Bobby   Prayers for Bobby Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayers for Bobby
Page 1 of 1