CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+11
CatEyes10736
CeCe
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Forgiveness Man
Supernova
Hyacinth Girl
Marc™
RedBedroom
Chris
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
15 posters

Brooklyn Jewish Boy 8 Murdered and cut into pieces

CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Brooklyn Jewish Boy 8 Murdered and cut into pieces - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn Jewish Boy 8 Murdered and cut into pieces

Post by CatEyes10736 Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:19 pm

This story rattles me terribly. Just leaves you feeling very "hollow".
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Brooklyn Jewish Boy 8 Murdered and cut into pieces - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn Jewish Boy 8 Murdered and cut into pieces

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:21 pm

This is a parent's worst nightmare.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:45 pm

Supernova wrote:
    CeCe wrote:

co-signs Poor kid was missing on Monday & buried on Wednesday. That's quick. I bet the killer had no idea about the surveillance camera & assumed he had plenty of time.

If memory serves, there's a Jewish law that says they must be buried within 24 hours of death. I don't know why that is though.

I know. It's the same with Baha'i. What I meant about being quick was not the burial but the time that passed from when he was missing to the discovery & apprehension of a suspect. That's some good detective work.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:23 pm

CeCe wrote:
    I know. It's the same with Baha'i. What I meant about being quick was not the burial but the time that passed from when he was missing to the discovery & apprehension of a suspect. That's some good detective work.

Oh. Yeah I know what you mean. I thought it was odd, early there was the story about the body being found then boom, they have a suspect, boom they have a confession, they never work out that fast.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:28 pm

This is just heartbreaking. The child was lost and innocently asked this monster for directions, and he winds up being gruesomely murdered. I hope this guy gets the death penalty!!!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:35 pm

He'd better get it. And if the state doesn't give it to him, I hope somebody else does. Trash like this doesn't deserve to live.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:05 pm

Its really horrible and disgusting. These parents must be blaming themselves. There is no way my 8yr old would be walking anywhere alone. I understand they want independence, but I would have been hiding and following him along the way.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:33 pm

Especially in New York. We live in a small town in Kansas, and I was 9 when I first started going off with just my brother, I was 13 when I went anywhere by myself for the first time, and we're a very low crime area here. I wouldn't be letting my 8 year old go anywhere by themselves either...my family put me through that wringer, you want the independence, you want to be treated more like an adult, you have to prove it first, you have to prove that you're responsible and can be trusted.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:03 am

wants2laugh wrote:Its really horrible and disgusting. These parents must be blaming themselves. There is no way my 8yr old would be walking anywhere alone. I understand they want independence, but I would have been hiding and following him along the way.

I feel the same. I just think that we parents never, ever know 100% what our kids retain. I am a parent who is an alarmist. My son knows that every public restroom may house a bad person, and every glance may be danger....When he was 8 I finally let him walk to the bus stop alone. After following for weeks, I felt we had it down.

The bus stop is literally one tenth of a mile away, but out of view of any of my windows. I felt like I warned him of all the dangers. He knew, (so I thought) his list of the three people who could EVER pick him up in emergency. It was me, his dad and his trainer. And one afternoon, he came home, proudly saying that it was so cold that morning and how happy he was that Austin's mom picked him up to take him to school instead of waiting for the bus that was running late.

I was devastated. I "knew" I taught him not to do that. I yelled, "how the hell did you know that Austin's mom wasn't on a suicide mission this morning to kill her own kids, plus others?" That day was top ten in my worst days of my life because I knew then that no matter what I drilled into him, he may defer from my teachings. It makes me fearful. Granted, after that day, I got to know Austin's mom, but regardless....on the day my son took a ride from her, he only knew her as a friend's mom.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:49 am

RedBedroom wrote:
    I feel the same. I just think that we parents never, ever know 100% what our kids retain. I am a parent who is an alarmist. My son knows that every public restroom may house a bad person, and every glance may be danger....When he was 8 I finally let him walk to the bus stop alone. After following for weeks, I felt we had it down.

The bus stop is literally one tenth of a mile away, but out of view of any of my windows. I felt like I warned him of all the dangers. He knew, (so I thought) his list of the three people who could EVER pick him up in emergency. It was me, his dad and his trainer. And one afternoon, he came home, proudly saying that it was so cold that morning and how happy he was that Austin's mom picked him up to take him to school instead of waiting for the bus that was running late.

I was devastated. I "knew" I taught him not to do that. I yelled, "how the hell did you know that Austin's mom wasn't on a suicide mission this morning to kill her own kids, plus others?" That day was top ten in my worst days of my life because I knew then that no matter what I drilled into him, he may defer from my teachings. It makes me fearful. Granted, after that day, I got to know Austin's mom, but regardless....on the day my son took a ride from her, he only knew her as a friend's mom.

Now that sounds like a therapy session waiting to happen, laughing . But yeah that's the thing about kids, eventually they are just going to do what they decide to, as Roseanne once said 'they're like people that way'. I was thinking about that earlier though, as a kid I HATED the rules we had, and now, just a few years later I look back and thank God that we had them, I can't imagine being raised in a household where there's no discipline, no limits, no boundaries, etc.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:23 am

What a sickening story!!!! How heartbreaking!!!

I think you're right, Supernova. I remember hearing that, too. I also think it's a Muslim custom.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:35 am