CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
CeCe
Alan Smithee
Marc™
Cheaps
TSJFan4Ever
Supernova
10 posters

Antibacterial deodorant soap

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Antibacterial deodorant soap Empty Antibacterial deodorant soap

Post by Supernova Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:24 am

What the hell is this stuff used for? Is it for people with ringworm or something? I had never heard of that before, I'd heard of antibacterial hand washes and stuff, but last week I'm in Dollar General picking up some soap, they've got their own brand, DG Beauty Bars, regular, sensitive skin and antibacterial deodorant....what do people use that last one for?
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Antibacterial deodorant soap Empty Re: Antibacterial deodorant soap

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:27 am

No idea. I've heard warnings about those soaps 'cause they kill off all bacteria so if you use them all the time, you keep getting rid of the good bacteria, too. Plain old soap is good for me.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:22 am

um to cleanse themselves? is antibacterial hand soap that much different from other soaps?
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:54 am

Some soaps are generic as hell, and basically just make your hands smell good...but don't necessarily deep cleanse them. I guess that's where the whole "antibacterial" thing comes from.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:06 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:No idea. I've heard warnings about those soaps 'cause they kill off all bacteria so if you use them all the time, you keep getting rid of the good bacteria, too. Plain old soap is good for me.

There have been studies and concerns about this. We have plain liquid soap and I use hand sanitizer with alcohol as the active ingredient to wash my hands.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:36 pm

Supernova wrote:What the hell is this stuff used for? Is it for people with ringworm or something? I had never heard of that before, I'd heard of antibacterial hand washes and stuff, but last week I'm in Dollar General picking up some soap, they've got their own brand, DG Beauty Bars, regular, sensitive skin and antibacterial deodorant....what do people use that last one for?

People have gone overboard with the "anti-bacterial" everything. This is why some of those germs have become resistant. It's like the overuse of antibiotics.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:25 pm

Supernova wrote:What the hell is this stuff used for? Is it for people with ringworm or something? I had never heard of that before, I'd heard of antibacterial hand washes and stuff, but last week I'm in Dollar General picking up some soap, they've got their own brand, DG Beauty Bars, regular, sensitive skin and antibacterial deodorant....what do people use that last one for?

ROFLMAO! It's for germophobes. I know a guy who used only "tea tree oil" soap in his shower, which is basically antibacterial, too. He swore he didn't wear scent but he always smelled good.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:20 am

Bluesmama wrote:

ROFLMAO! It's for germaphobes. I know a guy who used only "tea tree oil" soap in his shower, which is basically antibacterial, too. He swore he didn't wear scent but he always smelled good.

I agree it is for people who think that they are getting the better product due to the labeling.

Regarding tea tree oil...has a distinct clean smell, so I could totally see your friend using it and not fragrance and still smelling good. My guy uses tea tree oil shampoo and cond. and when he showers in the morning you can smell it from the shower for a couple hours.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:34 am

CeCe wrote:
    People have gone overboard with the "anti-bacterial" everything. This is why some of those germs have become resistant. It's like the overuse of antibiotics.

Indeeeeeed, like everybody wants you to use anti-bacterial hand sanitizer now, which is what, mainly just alcohol?, a couple years back my mom got a bottle of it when we were in flu season, and we still have the damn bottle, nobody uses it, we all just wash our hands after we come in contact with people, especially if they seem sick. And so far that ain't done us much harm.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:14 am

Supernova wrote:
    CeCe wrote:

Indeeeeeed, like everybody wants you to use anti-bacterial hand sanitizer now, which is what, mainly just alcohol?, a couple years back my mom got a bottle of it when we were in flu season, and we still have the damn bottle, nobody uses it, we all just wash our hands after we come in contact with people, especially if they seem sick. And so far that ain't done us much harm.

Well if you're not using it can I have it. It works.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:45 am

I guess perhaps some types are stronger than others, but I was always under the impression that soap is soap.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:10 am

Alan Smithee wrote:
    Supernova wrote:

Well if you're not using it can I have it. It works.

Yep. There is no replacement for soap and water...but hand sanitizer is good in a pinch.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:36 am

I also use the Clorox wipes for the kitchen and bathroom. Plain sponges can will get disgusting after not too long.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:43 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:I also use the Clorox wipes for the kitchen and bathroom. Plain sponges can will get disgusting after not too long.

Antibacterial deodorant soap 644535

I love those Clorox wipes.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:26 pm

We use the Clorox wipes too, especially in the bathroom.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:24 pm