CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, or Harold Lloyd?

Poll

Which of the three most memorable silent comedians is your favorite?

[ 2 ]
    Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, or Harold Lloyd? Bar_left50%Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, or Harold Lloyd? Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, or Harold Lloyd? Bar_left25%Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, or Harold Lloyd? Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, or Harold Lloyd? Bar_left0%Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, or Harold Lloyd? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, or Harold Lloyd? Bar_left0%Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, or Harold Lloyd? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, or Harold Lloyd? Bar_left25%Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, or Harold Lloyd? Bar_right [25%] 

Total Votes: 4
    Poll closed
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, or Harold Lloyd? Empty Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, or Harold Lloyd?

Post by Supernova Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:56 pm

If we have fans of the silent comic age out here, who of the three most famous is your favorite? Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, or Harold Lloyd? It's funny because whenever the three are brought up, that's the order they're always put in.

Now Charlie Chaplin made quite a legacy for himself so he's more well remembered than the other two; but, and he is funny, I know it, I have all his shorts, I laugh myself sick every time at Shanghaied and I love Pay Day, but I prefer Buster Keaton. Harold Lloyd is very good too, there is no disputing that, especially if you see Dr. Jack, it's SO funny it can't even be described, but I'm not as familiar with his work as the other two, and while he had some outrageous ideas too like the big clock in Safety Last, Buster seemed to be more of making his own outrageous stunts that could've gotten him killed as being his trademark, which in itself is very entertaining on top of the comedy that follows.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, or Harold Lloyd? Empty Re: Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, or Harold Lloyd?

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:23 am

Is Buster Keaton to you as Dick Van Dyke is to me?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, or Harold Lloyd? Empty Re: Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, or Harold Lloyd?

Post by Supernova Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:43 am

And what would that be?
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:44 am

Favorite comedic actor.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:51 am

Oh he's definitely one of the top ones. Now Curly Howard of the 3 Stooges has been my hero since I was a kid, and I've always taken it as something of a lucky sign that I was born on his birthday. He was definitely one of the funniest Stooges.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:57 am

How do you feel about Shemp?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:02 am

He was funny too (so's his face) but nobody can do it better than Curly did.

Now one thing I thought was weird, Shemp was I think about 60 when he died, and that was only a few months after he did the short where he dreamt he died and had to come back and reform Moe and Larry. And he did NOT look 60 to me. As a kid I thought teenagers looked old and the Stooges NEVER looked old to me, I thought that was amazing that he seemed to age so well.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:57 am

Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:45 am

Don't watch any of them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:42 am