CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Cheaps
wants2laugh
Supernova
7 posters

Halloween (1978)

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Halloween (1978) Empty Halloween (1978)

Post by Supernova Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:44 am

I'm sure most people are familiar with this movie and its franchise. Which movies have you seen and what did you think of them? I had the misfortune of seeing 3, and though I waited for years to see 6 (since I was 9, and I STILL call it the Origin of Michael Myers) it was far more disturbing than I was willing for, and that wasn't even the producer's cut with the rape scene, and after that, H20 was mediocre and Resurrection was just a joke, I won't even touch Rob Zombie's with a 10 foot pole, but 1, 2, 4, 5 and even 6 were very good and I think a better approach to the series than 1, 2, H20 and disregard all others.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Halloween (1978) Empty Re: Halloween (1978)

Post by wants2laugh Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:38 am

I loved the first 2. I liked H20. Wasnt crazy about the whole psychic thing with jamie though, or how jamie was supposed to be jamie lee curtis' kid, but was never mentioned in H20. People who saw it in the theater told me that this was the only movie that ever made them scared and look around more often.

I liked Zombie's version, although some die hard Halloween fans hated it.

i even have a doll that is about 15yrs old or so of michael myers with a knife. when u push his belly it plays the theme song! lol
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:12 pm

HALLOWEEN IS THE BEST SCARY MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!! overjoyed

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:48 pm

Of course the first was the best. I liked 2 and 6 and I liked H20. Rob Zombies was good but his second was the pits, it really sucked.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:50 pm

wants2laugh wrote:I loved the first 2. I liked H20. Wasnt crazy about the whole psychic thing with jamie though, or how jamie was supposed to be jamie lee curtis' kid, but was never mentioned in H20. People who saw it in the theater told me that this was the only movie that ever made them scared and look around more often.

i even have a doll that is about 15yrs old or so of michael myers with a knife. when u push his belly it plays the theme song! lol

Hey that Doll could be a collectors item, Inever saw it or I am sure i would have purchased it. I have VHS Tape in a case with a doll of MM. I also have another figure of MM holding his knife.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:10 pm

yeah... i had a DVD of the 20th anniv edit. that came with a water globe of the scene where jamie lee curtis is on the couch. Red glitter (looked like blood) floated around! lol

the dolls also came in freddy, and chuckie---- they were sold at spencers and are pretty big
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:05 pm

I don't care for horror movies....but for some reason, the original Halloween didn't scare me. I don't know why.
    gingersnaps
    gingersnaps
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by gingersnaps Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:13 pm

wants2laugh wrote:I loved the first 2. I liked H20. Wasnt crazy about the whole psychic thing with jamie though, or how jamie was supposed to be jamie lee curtis' kid, but was never mentioned in H20. People who saw it in the theater told me that this was the only movie that ever made them scared and look around more often.

It totally sucks that they never mentioned the daughter in H20; but from what I understand there are two diffent storylines, depending on the directors/writers/producers at the time. Basically one story line is (H1/H2/H4/H5/H6) and the other is (H1/H2/H20/H:R). And the other one totally ignores the first storyline..

And I kind of liked Zombie's version as well.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:53 am

Well, i think after the bomb of III, they wanted to get some kind of storyline involving mike again. But i swear i'll never get that song outta my head....

2 more days to halloween halloween halloween, 2 more days till halloween, sssiiiillllvvveeerr shamrock! lol
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:01 am

Nystyle709 wrote:I don't care for horror movies....but for some reason, the original Halloween didn't scare me. I don't know why.

It didn't scare me either, it was on the slow moving and subtle side to me. Kinda boring.
    gingersnaps
    gingersnaps
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Female

Post by gingersnaps Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:21 am

wants2laugh wrote:Well, i think after the bomb of III, they wanted to get some kind of storyline involving mike again. But i swear i'll never get that song outta my head....

2 more days to halloween halloween halloween, 2 more days till halloween, sssiiiillllvvveeerr shamrock! lol

now that song is stuck in my head!!!

Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:29 am

i have a question.. In Halloween 5, who is the mystery guy in the boots who helped Michael escape in the end???
    gingersnaps
    gingersnaps
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Female

Post by gingersnaps Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:34 pm

cheaps wrote:i have a question.. In Halloween 5, who is the mystery guy in the boots who helped Michael escape in the end???

According to the storyline for movies 4-6, the mystery guy was a part of a cult who believed in the "curse of thorn". Anyone born with this curse, including Michael Myers, was forced to kill their entire family. So the cult would send someone out to protect the "cursed" person until they took out their whole family. So that's why there was the mystery man in the boots.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:57 am

gingersnaps wrote:

According to the storyline for movies 4-6, the mystery guy was a part of a cult who believed in the "curse of thorn". Anyone born with this curse, including Michael Myers, was forced to kill their entire family. So the cult would send someone out to protect the "cursed" person until they took out their whole family. So that's why there was the mystery man in the boots.

O ok thanks.. I never understood that. Did they reveal that in the "Curse of Michael Myers". I missed that one.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:32 pm

Halloween 6: the Origin of Michael Myers. Yeah I know that's not what it's called, that was the original title when the trailers first showed, and I still call it that, I can't bring myself to call it the Curse of Michael Myers for some reason.

I don't think it was ever really clarified but I think they set it up for us to believe Dr. Wynn, who in 6 seems to be an associate of Sam Loomis', turns out to be that man in black who killed all the cops and broke Michael out at the end of 5. What I want to know is HOW far in advance did they think out this Thorn cult thing? Because it was 6 years between the two movies, BUT in 5 when Michael first wakes up you see the Thorn mark on his hand.
    gingersnaps
    gingersnaps
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Female

Post by gingersnaps Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:29 pm

I think it's hinted at in the theatrical version of part six. It's explained more in the producer's cut of the movie, but it's hard to find from what I've heard.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:25 pm

^^ Thanks for explaining you two Smile
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:39 am

bump

In looking over the last few responses regarding Dr. Wynn and the man in black, I should probably point out this was the same man who in the 1978 original told Loomis 'he can't even drive!' to which Loomis replied 'he was doing very well last night, perhaps somebody around here gave him lessons!', whereas in the 6th movie, it was either explicitly in the movie or just stayed in the script, Wynn who has this psychic connection to Michael told Sam he 'even gave him driving lessons'.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:52 am

I just bought Halloween and Halloween 2 on Blu Ray disc. Halloween 2 has Terror in the Aisles on it, that's why I bought it. Terror in the Aisles has Donald Pleasance Narrating clips of a lot of the popular horror movies from the 60's to the 80's, it is really well put together and scary for those that haven't seen it. You really should see it if your a fan of movies like Psycho, Carrie etc. Its supposed to take place in a movie theater where the audience is watching Terror in the Aisles. It has never been released on DVD but it was on VHS. The ending is really good it builds up to one big shattering Climax.

Youtube has it posted:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:29 am