CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Just got approached for employement through Facebook.

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Just got approached for employement through Facebook. Empty Just got approached for employement through Facebook.

Post by Marc™ Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:06 pm

I just got PM this on FB

Hi Marc! You were referred to our company as someone who might be interested in some extra work. We are part of a health, wellness, fitness company expanding in the area. If you are keeping your options open and would like to learn more, give me a call at 313-_ _ _-_ _ _ _. Have a wonderful day! Julie

1) I'm already employed, and haven't initated that I'm looking for extra work, so that's odd...
    2) They didn't say -WHO- supposedly referred them to me...

Sound like a soliciting scam?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Just got approached for employement through Facebook. Empty Re: Just got approached for employement through Facebook.

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:07 pm

Marc wrote:
    1) I'm already employed, so that's odd...

I would not even respond, sounds like a headhunter or some kind of scam.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Just got approached for employement through Facebook. Empty Re: Just got approached for employement through Facebook.

Post by Marc™ Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:10 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

I would not even respond, sounds like a headhunter or some kind of scam.

Yep. I have an email account that is constantly spammed with unsolicited "job offers." I'm just surprised to see this on Facebook because it's never happened before.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:48 pm

Sounds like a scam. If this were legitimate, they would have found a way to contact you by phone; whoever allegedly "referred" you to them would have given them your formal contact information, and they would have called.
    UMo
    UMo
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by UMo Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:48 am

Marc wrote:I just got PM this on FB

1) I'm already employed, and haven't initated that I'm looking for extra work, so that's odd...

It sure does. If you were truly referred, they would have referenced the referrer. Most likely what happened is that they just randomly picked your name in a search.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:37 am