CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Parents, when did/do you enforce bedtime once back-to-school nears?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Parents, when did/do you enforce bedtime once back-to-school nears? Empty Parents, when did/do you enforce bedtime once back-to-school nears?

Post by RedBedroom Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:50 pm

I don't enforce bedtime during summer. Of course I did when he was younger. Now that he is 12 and stays up very late in the summer, I am thinking two weeks before back to school is going to be the way to go.

Is that too late?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Parents, when did/do you enforce bedtime once back-to-school nears? Empty Re: Parents, when did/do you enforce bedtime once back-to-school nears?

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:52 am

Too early. I don't think you should enforce until the night before he goes back to school.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Parents, when did/do you enforce bedtime once back-to-school nears? Empty Re: Parents, when did/do you enforce bedtime once back-to-school nears?

Post by Supernova Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:35 am

Nystyle709 wrote:Too early. I don't think you should enforce until the night before he goes back to school.

Agreed, when we were kids we knew weekends and summer were pretty much off limits, it was only when school started again that we went back to that.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:16 am

My daughters mother and I attempted to practice that whole 'getting back in the swing of bedtime a week or so before school starts' a few times; it never worked. She always resisted. So now we just have her go to bed at a decent time the night before school starts. She's mature enough to know when to go to bed.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:43 pm

Nope. With me they're free to stay up as late as they want, so long as they don't have to get up early the next morning.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:37 pm