CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Tony Marino
Forgiveness Man
Supernova
Hyacinth Girl
Chris
9 posters

Dad Who Threw Naked 9-Year-Old Son in Oven as Punishment Faces Sentencing

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Dad Who Threw Naked 9-Year-Old Son in Oven as Punishment Faces Sentencing Empty Dad Who Threw Naked 9-Year-Old Son in Oven as Punishment Faces Sentencing

Post by Chris Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:20 am

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Dad-Who-Threw-Naked-Son-in-Oven-as-Punishment-Faces-Sentencing-126655713.html

Dad Who Threw Naked 9-Year-Old Son in Oven as Punishment Faces Sentencing
    Wednesday, Aug 3, 2011 | Updated 11:21 AM EDT

Dad Who Threw Naked 9-Year-Old Son in Oven as Punishment Faces Sentencing Stove+on
    The father didn't turn the oven on, but did allegedly burn the boy's hands over the stove flame.

Prosecutors say they will ask for the maximum sentence allowed by law for a New York City man who admitted throwing his son naked in the oven as punishment.

James Moss of Staten Island is scheduled to be sentenced Friday.

The Staten Island district attorney's office says Moss punished his 9-year-old son Christopher last year because he thought he stole $20 from his wallet.

Prosecutors say he beat him with a spatula, put his hands over two hot oven burners and then shoved him into an oven for several minutes.

"I'm going to burn you alive," Moss reportedly yelled, according to court papers.

He did not turn on the oven. The boy's hands were burned when his father held them over the burners.

Moss has pleaded guilty to all seven counts of the indictment against him, including two counts of second-degree assault.

Moss' lawyer tells the Staten Island Advance the boy and his mother are expected to speak on his client's behalf.
    Copyright Associated Press / NBC New York
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Dad Who Threw Naked 9-Year-Old Son in Oven as Punishment Faces Sentencing Empty Re: Dad Who Threw Naked 9-Year-Old Son in Oven as Punishment Faces Sentencing

Post by Hyacinth Girl Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:15 am

Well if the wife is smart, she'll get a quick divorce from that sicko, and if the judicial system was creative, they'd include as part of his punishment, a day locked inside a mortician's crematorium oven with the heat turned up just enough to make him sweat profusely and see how he likes it.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Dad Who Threw Naked 9-Year-Old Son in Oven as Punishment Faces Sentencing Empty Re: Dad Who Threw Naked 9-Year-Old Son in Oven as Punishment Faces Sentencing

Post by Supernova Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:23 am

Hyacinth Girl wrote:Well if the wife is smart, she'll get a quick divorce from that sicko, and if the judicial system was creative, they'd include as part of his punishment, a day locked inside a mortician's crematorium oven with the heat turned up just enough to make him sweat profusely and see how he likes it.

I like that idea, why SHOULDN'T child abusers get the same thing they did to their kids? It was good enough for them, goose and the gander and all that.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Hyacinth Girl Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:02 am

^^The punishment should fit the crime, even if you have to think outside the box to enact it. If not that extreme, the guy should at least, in addition to prison, get some community service time where he has to assist with cremations so he can see just what happens to the human body as it burns to ash. Also a nice tour through Auschwitz and it's former crematorium sites might be useful, too.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:43 am

Hyacinth Girl wrote:^^The punishment should fit the crime, even if you have to think outside the box to enact it. If not that extreme, the guy should at least, in addition to prison, get some community service time where he has to assist with cremations so he can see just what happens to the human body as it burns to ash. Also a nice tour through Auschwitz and it's former crematorium sites might be useful, too.

That's a good idea, make it educational!
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:47 am

Hyacinth Girl wrote:Well if the wife is smart, she'll get a quick divorce from that sicko, and if the judicial system was creative, they'd include as part of his punishment, a day locked inside a mortician's crematorium oven with the heat turned up just enough to make him sweat profusely and see how he likes it.

That would be cruel and inhumane and a violation of this sicko's rights. Wink
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Hyacinth Girl Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:05 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:

That would be cruel and inhumane and a violation of this sicko's rights. Wink

Gee, funny how all the sickos, criminals, and even illegal aliens seem to have more rights and "perks" in America than the rest of us who don't fall into those categories, do. But not to digress off topic too much, all I'll say is that as screwed up as our system can be at times, I'd still rather live in the USA instead of many of the other countries around the world.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:19 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:

Gee, funny how all the sickos, criminals, and even illegal aliens seem to have more rights and "perks" in America than the rest of us who don't fall into those categories, do. But not to digress off topic too much, all I'll say is that as screwed up as our system can be at times, I'd still rather live in the USA instead of many of the other countries around the world.

This is true, though Canada's starting to look appealing to me.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:33 pm

I would say they should burn his hands but the most he will probably get is a slap on the wrists and then be reunited with his Son.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:38 pm

Tony Marino wrote:I would say they should burn his hands but the most he will probably get is a slap on the wrists and then be reunited with his Son.

Only an idiot judge would let him be within 20 feet of that kid again.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:54 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:

What I find funny is how people take stories like these and twist them to fit their own 'sick'(conservative) idea of justice. Criminals and scofflaws don't have 'perks' and they don't have 'rights'. The law isn't and has never been about vigilante justice. If you suggest that it should be, then you need to rewrite the Constitution. What this father did was terrible and he should be punshied to the fullest extent of the law, but putting his hand over stove burners isn't going to undo what he did and it isn't going to solve anything. Is it supposed to make him sorrier for doing it or some shit like that? So it would be stupid to do so and quite frankly, would make YOU just as sick as he is. LOL. But, keep it up.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:21 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

What I find funny is how people take stories like these and twist them to fit their own 'sick'(conservative) idea of justice. Criminals and scofflaws don't have 'perks' and they don't have 'rights'. The law isn't and has never been about vigilante justice. If you suggest that it should be, then you need to rewrite the Constitution. What this father did was terrible and he should be punshied to the fullest extent of the law, but putting his hand over stove burners isn't going to undo what he did and it isn't going to solve anything. Is it supposed to make him sorrier for doing it or some shit like that? So it would be stupid to do so and quite frankly, would make YOU just as sick as he is. LOL. But, keep it up.

Dad Who Threw Naked 9-Year-Old Son in Oven as Punishment Faces Sentencing Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjTC_w-1L2hLRP5T_a6FJusTkI1GSQw9Ksckn7U6qKJjTVte0Edw
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:47 pm

I'm beginning to think that after a woman gives birth, she and the child's father should have a psych eval. before they're allowed to take the kid home.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:25 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:Gee, funny how all the sickos, criminals, and even illegal aliens seem to have more rights and "perks" in America than the rest of us who don't fall into those categories, do.

You're just full of hate. Wink

On the topic of this, the guy's a sicko. I wish creeps like him could be confined to my books. It's disturbing to know the levels people will sink to. Anybody who could kill or severely harm their child like that really upsets me.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:22 am

I hope the Mom is smart enough to divorce the guy and get a restraining order. That poor child!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:53 pm