CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Old hard to find board games

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Old hard to find board games Empty Old hard to find board games

Post by Supernova Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:24 pm

Do you have any or know of any?

I found one at the thrift shop called Razzle, it's a game where there's a line of lettered dice in a straight line with a thing around it that when you push it forward or backwards it rotates the dice. You have to find words in the letters on top and whoever gets a word first pushes the dice over to the other side of the board, and whoever gets the dice to the other person's side first gets a point, and the first person to get 5 points, or 10 if you like a longer game, wins. It sounds kind of confusing but it's sure a lot of fun and you have to be quick.

Another one I found, Catch 21. You have a pegged board and 21 dominos with the dots punched out of them so they fit on the pegs...but there's only ONE way that all 21 can fit on the board and you have to figure out what it is, and when you get done, the other side is pegged to so you have to find out how they fit there as well. Frustrating as hell at first, but I managed to crack it after a few tries.

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Old hard to find board games Empty Re: Old hard to find board games

Post by RedBedroom Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:28 pm

I don't have any. They remake so much of the old games here recently, I can't even think of any.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:21 am

That's funny, it seems to me the only ones being remade are the most common ones: Trouble, Sorry, Monopoly, Scrabble, etc.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:29 am

I have seen the original Memory remade as well as the original Scruples (I think I am spelling that incorrectly) Life, and Clue.

I think that they tried to do variations of the originals of many games, only to have the originals sold again as an old school type.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:32 am

I saw one at Dollar General last year that looked good but they got rid of it before I could get one. It's an I guess generic game, if anybody has any idea what the name of it is I've be very grateful: it's kind of like Connect Four but instead of dropping checkers into slots, you catapault yellow balls into the rows.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:47 am

Supernova wrote:I saw one at Dollar General last year that looked good but they got rid of it before I could get one. It's an I guess generic game, if anybody has any idea what the name of it is I've be very grateful: it's kind of like Connect Four but instead of dropping checkers into slots, you catapault yellow balls into the rows.

That sounds fun!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:22 am