CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Hyacinth Girl
Alan Smithee
CeCe
RedBedroom
8 posters

A totally different attitude about posting totals at another fourm...

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

A totally different attitude about posting totals at another fourm... Empty A totally different attitude about posting totals at another fourm...

Post by RedBedroom Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:29 pm

I don't go to many forums anymore, but for here. One I do check sometimes, but haven't for a while, is one of the top motocross forums. I have been so shocked catching up on posts by the fact that when people get into little arguments/debates, they are using posting totals against others.

Like if someone with a high total says something some don't like, they throw their posting total in their face by saying something like, "Your opinion doesn't matter...you spend too much time online and not living life to have a clue..."

That is just so stupid! And so backwards to how we all think here at the Chamber. I guess people are just throwing stones when they have nothing else to say. Obviously active posters usually have time at work that they post...they haven't quit life to post!
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

A totally different attitude about posting totals at another fourm... Empty Re: A totally different attitude about posting totals at another fourm...

Post by CeCe Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:36 pm

Gotta say there are too many forums now that are just crap. And using posting totals as some kind of badge of superiority or to go the opposite direction & put another poster down is immature.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

A totally different attitude about posting totals at another fourm... Empty Re: A totally different attitude about posting totals at another fourm...

Post by RedBedroom Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:36 pm

CeCe wrote:Gotta say there are too many forums now that are just crap. And using posting totals as some kind of badge of superiority or to go the opposite direction & put another poster down is immature.

Agree.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:40 pm

RedBedroom wrote:

Agree.

co-signs That's one of the great things about TCC. The vast majority of members are very supportive.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:11 am

And that's why I left the forums at Nine Inch Nails--there were about 5 mega-trolls there that were making life miserable for everyone, turning us all against each other, and on in particular had it in for me, personally, and wouldn't leave me alone. So they win the forums, and I win all the friends I made while there, because I'm still in touch with them by email and Facebook.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:33 am

Well....having a high post count is not hard. Before I got my phone....I would only come online after I got home for about two hrs a day. On the weekends. I only posted in the mornings. I just happen to post a lot while I'm on. I would never spend 5, 6, 7 plus hrs a day online. That's insane. I only get online to unwind after coming home. That's basically all the internet should be for anyway. Fortunately.....I have a place to chill out to.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:45 pm

That really is stupid and petty. Glad TCC members are above that!
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:54 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:That really is stupid and petty. Glad TCC members are above that!

It's one of the things I like about this board. We're not going to always agree on everything. That isn't even possible. But it all works out without the stupidity you see on so many other boards.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:52 pm

me 2 my mustang forum got too maucho as if only men knew anything about cars --and when u had a better car u would get the "ur new here shut up" no one has told me to shut up here yet so thats good! RIGHT ON!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:20 am

I've been to several forums where people will try and use their post count and/or registration date to try and exert supremacy over newbies, or people with less posts. It's silly. Everyone was new at some point, and it's the post content that matters, not the frequency.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:34 pm