CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
ph balanced
Supernova
6 posters

Experts: Kids suffer without recess

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Experts: Kids suffer without recess Empty Experts: Kids suffer without recess

Post by Supernova Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:50 pm

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44123365/

This really isn't anything new, we've known it for years, I know I have, but for some reason a lot of people still have their heads in the sand with 'kids don't need to play at school, they can do that at home', or 'kids won't pay attention if they run around at recess' or 'it's important they get high scores on the standardized test first'...chalk up another pro for homeschooling, recess is never canceled due to budgetary reasons or time constraints or because of standardized tests must take priority over everything else.
    ph balanced
    ph balanced
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Experts: Kids suffer without recess Empty Re: Experts: Kids suffer without recess

Post by ph balanced Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:46 pm

I think recess shouldn't be limited to kids; adults need to play on the swings and monkey bars sometimes as well.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Experts: Kids suffer without recess Empty Re: Experts: Kids suffer without recess

Post by Supernova Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:59 pm

I know that's true. big grin I found a couple of books going into great detail of why adults need to play as well, though I haven't gotten around to reading them yet. And I also have a couple of books talking about how exactly taking away recess from kids sets them up to suffer and ultimately fail.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:52 am

I can't fathom it. I loved recess when I was coming up. It definitely shouldn't be phased out.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:35 am

Why give kids recess? It actually helps them and school's purpose in these days is to stifle growth.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:21 pm

"Kids suffer without recess."

That conclusion doesn't surprise me.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:49 pm

Absolutely. You can't have kids stay cooped up for six hours at a time; they gotta be able to go and let off some steam.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:42 pm