CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Adam Carolla offers half-hearted apology after insulting LGBT community: 'I'm ... not a politician'

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Adam Carolla offers half-hearted apology after insulting LGBT community: 'I'm ... not a politician'  Empty Adam Carolla offers half-hearted apology after insulting LGBT community: 'I'm ... not a politician'

Post by Chris Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:49 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2011/08/16/2011-08-16_adam_carolla_offers_halfhearted_apology_after_insulting_lgbt_community_im__not_a.html#ixzz1VCuZZhZv

Adam Carolla offers half-hearted apology after insulting LGBT community: 'I'm ... not a politician'

Adam Carolla offers half-hearted apology after insulting LGBT community: 'I'm ... not a politician'  Alg_adam_carolla_benefit
    BY Joyce Chen
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Tuesday, August 16th 2011, 4:00 AM

He never claimed to be politically correct.

Comedian Adam Carolla garnered major backlash for the crass comments he made about the LGBT community on his podcast last week, but the apology he issued Monday proved that he may not be all that sorry.

"I'm sorry my comments were hurtful," he tweeted. "That being said, I'm a comedian, not a politician."

The former "Man Show" cohost engaged in a shocking rant against the LGBT community last week after the topic of Burt and Ernie's supposed gay wedding came up during the show.

"When did everybody get lumped in with the f--king gays?" he joked. "When did we start giving a s--t about [transgender] people?"

Carolla went on to make fun of the "pre-op, transgender, transneutral, trans fat" population, saying that they needed to "shut up" already.

The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) responded immediately to the comedian's unsavory remarks, calling for an apology and citing ways for the public to educate themselves about LGBT issues.

"In his rant, he also told LGBT people to 'shut up' because by speaking out about equality, they are 'ruining his life' and said that members of the LGBT community should stop using the letters 'LGBT' to describe themselves, and should instead use 'YUCK.'"

The radio host has been in hot water before over his homophobic and racist comments.

Two years ago, he stated on Loveline that "all things being equal," gay parents are "not as good as straight parents."

jchen@nydailynews.com

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Adam Carolla offers half-hearted apology after insulting LGBT community: 'I'm ... not a politician'  Empty Re: Adam Carolla offers half-hearted apology after insulting LGBT community: 'I'm ... not a politician'

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:55 pm

His comments are rude but hey, the other side says plenty of crap too. Whenever somebody says comments that offend me, I tend to just not listen to them instead of giving them attention by throwing a hissy fit. (ie I never heard of this guy and would've never known what he said but since there was a hissy fit thrown about it, now I DO know what he said. What's the point of trying to demand an apology if you just end up giving the guy a wider audience? lol I would think it's better to let rude nuts like this just fade away instead of giving them free publicity)
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Adam Carolla offers half-hearted apology after insulting LGBT community: 'I'm ... not a politician'  Empty Re: Adam Carolla offers half-hearted apology after insulting LGBT community: 'I'm ... not a politician'

Post by CeCe Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:10 pm

Adam Carolla is a fuckin idiot. He should stop using "COMEDIAN" to describe himself & use the more accurate term, "ASSHOLE".
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:19 pm

He's not really funny either.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:27 am

I don't even know who he is.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:43 pm