CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Casting spumor

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Casting spumor Empty Casting spumor

Post by Chris Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:35 am

Soap Opera Digest is reporting that David Fumero (Cristian) may be on his way out.
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Casting spumor Empty Re: Casting spumor

Post by stavdash Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:58 am

Adios amigo.
    allison13
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by allison13 Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:28 pm

Once upon a time I would have said goodbye and good luck but ever since they hooked Chris up with Layla,he has actually shown some real signs of life rather than being just another good-looking piece of soap opera wood.I can think of two or three others I'd rather see go if it comes to that.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:46 pm

The show always had an odd fascination with having David Fumero around "just because". He usually sits on the backburner and is only really used for ensemble-style plots. The stories where he is central are never any good and are dropped quickly. With him there's a ton of lip service, but really he wears several "token" hats. The "token latino" and the "token beefcake." He's there purely for aesthetic.
    allison13
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by allison13 Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:57 pm

For the first time,DF has actually put something into his acting besides flexing his pecs.I can remember some pretty dramatic scenes with Jessica and Natalie where he showed no emotion at all and I was amazed to see the turnabout with Layla.I'm not saying he's ready for an Emmy,but I see a definite improvement.
    TSJToddFan
    TSJToddFan
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Rep : 3

Post by TSJToddFan Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:12 am

I read about that too and almost did a cartwheel. I don't like Cristian. Never have. Didn't like him when he was being played by Yorlin Madera and I like David Fumero even less. The guy just isn't a good actor. He is the other extreme of the guy who plays Rex. His expression is always empty or frustrated and he has a very dull tone.

Beyond that, I just think it's time to consecrate the Vega family altogether. They should have been written out around the time Antonio came back for his second stint in 2000. They're dated and inconsequential now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content