CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
RedBedroom
Chris
6 posters

Ordering a crying child to shut up.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Ordering a crying child to shut up. Empty Ordering a crying child to shut up.

Post by Chris Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:28 pm

Does it annoy you when a parent unsympathetically orders their small, crying child to shut up? I'll admit that when my daughter was toddler aged, and she'd whine and throw tantrums, my patience level would sometimes run thin and I'd on occasion tell I didn't want to hear it. Sometimes she'd hush, but usually she didn't.

What do you think, should a crying child always be comforted, or is it understandable when a parents doesn't give in to it and orders them to the hush?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Ordering a crying child to shut up. Empty Re: Ordering a crying child to shut up.

Post by RedBedroom Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:25 pm

I can't stand it when the words, "shut up" are used, so I would take offense if I heard them say that exactly. But in regard to your actual question, I actually have more respect for parents who ignore a crying child than I do one who is playing "let's make a deal" with their brat. Of course this only applies to tears from not getting their way.

If a child is crying due to injury or sad, that shouldn't be ignored.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Ordering a crying child to shut up. Empty Re: Ordering a crying child to shut up.

Post by CeCe Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:26 pm

Ordering a crying child to shut up. Th_TantrumSmiley<-Stop. Ordering a crying child to shut up. Th_TantrumSmiley<-Stop crying. Ordering a crying child to shut up. Th_TantrumSmiley<-STOP CRYING RIGHT NOW!!!!.... Ordering a crying child to shut up. Th_TantrumSmiley...yeah...
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:36 pm

They're only kids. It gets annoying when a child allows something completely silly to rattle his cage to tears, but the vast majority of the time parents need to try and be tender and patient with them regardless. I have my unsympathetic moments with my kids too (particularly when they misbehave and are crying because they were reprimanded or punished for it), but most of the time when they're upset I aim to be comforting.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:58 am

I can't stand crying for no damn reason, so I wouldn't mind if a parent were to tell their child to hush. It would depend on the tone. I don't think it's appropriate to berate the child, esp if he's crying for a reason....but that ear piercing, shrilling crying that kids do is fucking annoying. I already know that I'm going to have my kids trained. All I'm going to have to do is give them a look.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:53 am

Why my daughter was crying to begin with determined how I dealt with her but I don't think I ever just told her to "shut up".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:23 pm