CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Tony Marino
Supernova
Alan Smithee
7 posters

Tips and tricks

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Tips and tricks Empty Tips and tricks

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:05 pm

Anyone have any tips/tricks, etc. for making life easier they'd like to share?

For example, for all you cheesecake lovers. It's much easier to slice with dental floss than a knife. Clean dental floss!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Tips and tricks Empty Re: Tips and tricks

Post by Supernova Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:09 pm

Dental floss?

If you have more than one bathroom in the house and more than one person as well, keep a good toothbrush in each one so if somebody gets sick and one bathroom is quarantined, you still don't have to go to work with fuzzy teeth.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:10 pm

You can use Coffee filters for a number of things

# Use them to clean your cable connectors. If you’re internet is lagging or your TV picture is fuzzy, it might be because the connectors on your cables are dirty and they need to be cleaned.

# They’re the perfect fix to stop bleeding from razor nicks when shaving.

# Use them to absorb the grease from fried foods. Put them on the plate and put your french fries, bacon and other fried food on top.

# Use a coffee filter to cover dishes when they’re cooking in the microwave to prevent messes.

# Use them to clean windows, mirrors, television screens and glasses. They’re lint free, so they won’t leave any residue behind when you’re done.

# Stop that Popsicle from dripping all over the place. Poke one or two holes in the filter and put the stick(s) through it.

# Line your plant pots with a filter to keep the soil from leaking out of the drainage holes when you water them.

# Put a filter inside cast-iron skillets to absorb excess moisture when it’s not in use to prevent rust and other wear.

# Separate your China and other good dishes by putting a coffee filter between each dish.

# Did the cork break into your wine? Use one to filter the cork out.

# Use a coffee filter to apply shoe polish.

# Put baking soda into a coffee filter and put it into shoes or a closet to absorb and prevent nasty odors. You can even put potpourri into the filter, tie it up and put into your drawers, etc.

# Use them to safely store your Christmas decorations and other small, fragile items.

# Use them store nails, screws and other small hardware so that they don’t go rolling all over the place, get lost or mixed together.

# You can use the cone-style coffee filters to safely pour in oil and other liquids into your car’s engine.

# Use them as bowls for popcorn, chips and other snacks.

# Liquids or something else spill onto your floor, sofa or other upholstery? Use a coffee filter to clean it up because unlike a paper towel, they won’t leave behind lint.

# Wrap them around tacos shells or hot dogs to prevent the grease and other things from spilling out.

# Have a wobbly table or chair? Use a folded up coffee filter under the leg to even it out.

# Did you run out of dryer sheets? You can put a few drops of fabric softener on a filter, rub sides together, and put in the dryer to help prevent static cling and make your clothes smell fresh.

# My favorite use, is bringing them along when I’m working out. They’re even small enough where I can take them along when I’m riding my mountain bike. They’re great to wipe sweat and other oils off my face.

# One I haven’t tried, but I read about in several places is using them wax your eyebrows. How? That I didn’t see anywhere.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:27 pm

Really good info about the coffee filters.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:53 pm

A splash of rubbing alcohol in the pits is cheaper than underarm deodorant, does not have all those dubious chemicals and does keep odor down for a day.

I use baking soda to clean my teeth, sink and bathtub.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:19 am

Can't unscrew a lid from a jar? Take a teaspoon and slip it insert the edge of the lid, twist, you will hear the vacuum seal break and will be able to open the jar with ease.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:42 am

Suzi, so you just wedge it in at the lid and twist? Good to know. I sometimes struggle with darn lids. Even after slapping the bottom and hitting the edges with a butter knife.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:15 am

I heard it s a handy hint years ago and it works. I'd suggest that your spoons not be too light weight though. big grin
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:18 am

Good info, Suzi! My old set probably would have bent. I found a really nice full set of Onieda utensils a while back at a yard sale. They are so nice. And it was my first time having a nice, matched set. They are super sturdy.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:47 am

My mom can NEVER open jars and always bring them to me and my bro... then when we get it opened she says, "if you two didnt take after your father so much, I'd swear you weren't my kids" lol

The coffee filter eyebrow wax--- they work great as the cotton sheet. I used to have a "hard waxer" and did it this way. When it broke, I could only find the "honey" wax... and I hate it, so i now go for pro waxing.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:56 am

Wants, what is a "hard waxer?"

I get mine done by a pro about twice a year, but maintain them myself the other months.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:20 am