CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

OT/Susan Lucci slams Brian Frons

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

OT/Susan Lucci slams Brian Frons Empty OT/Susan Lucci slams Brian Frons

Post by Chris Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:15 am

OT/Susan Lucci slams Brian Frons T1larg.susan.lucci

September 5th, 2011
    03:08 PM ET

Susan Lucci slams ABC exec in epilogue

"All My Children” star Susan Lucci has found an outlet to speak on the cancellation of her long-running soap. According to the New York Post, the actress just added a scathing epilogue to the paperback edition of her book, “All My Life: A Memoir.”

Lucci, who has played Erica Kane on the ABC soap since 1970, spills on the behind-the-scenes action that she says caused the soap’s cancellation, and specifically sticks it to ABC Daytime head Brian Frons.

The ABC exec, she writes, “has what, for me, is that fatal combination of ignorance and arrogance.”

“I watched Brian Frons’ decisions destroy the production of our show and the lives of people on both sides of the country,” Lucci says.

The actress claims that in April, Frons told her that “All My Children” would be replaced by a less expensive food show. “An iconic show was losing out to greed ... If Brian Frons could show his bosses that he could save the network 40 percent ... he could keep his job even if the rest of us lost ours.”

Lucci also writes of Frons' many other misdeeds. She claims that the exec hired a new head writer in 2008 who oversaw “subpar” writing, moved the show from New York to LA, and ousted Agnes Nixon, the soap’s creator.

“I cannot fathom any network executive choosing to alienate millions of loyal viewers in these economic times."

Lucci shares that she wanted to call ABC and leave the message “F.U. - and your little dog, too,” but decided against it.Well, it doesn't look like she needs to make that call now...

The soap star's rep declined to comment, but ABC tells the Post: "We have all the respect in the world for Susan, and are sorry she felt the need to write this epilogue to an otherwise incredible career."
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

OT/Susan Lucci slams Brian Frons Empty Re: OT/Susan Lucci slams Brian Frons

Post by Tony Marino Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:47 pm

Good for her! The way ABC just casts her aside saying "we are sorry she had to epilogue", what bullshit! She should personally go up to Frons's office and punch the shit head right in the mouth!

gingersnaps
    gingersnaps
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by gingersnaps Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:29 pm

I think watching Susan Lucci punching Brian Frons would be a lot better than watching the show IMO.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:17 am