CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
CeCe
Tony Marino
Alan Smithee
FireIce918
wants2laugh
9 posters

Do you insist on high thread count sheets?

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Do you insist on high thread count sheets? Empty Do you insist on high thread count sheets?

Post by wants2laugh Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:28 am

I have never spent huge amounts of money on sheets. But I had coupons for Kohls and bought sheets that were $130, and paid only $40. I compared them with my usual $30-$40 sheets and I really do like them much better, but not enough to spend an extra hundred. wondering if they will last much much longer tho.

any thoughts on sheets and thread counts?
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Do you insist on high thread count sheets? Empty Re: Do you insist on high thread count sheets?

Post by FireIce918 Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:41 am

It really makes a difference. I used to get the reasonably priced, jersey cotton sheets--perfect for college, not so much once you grow up. Last black friday I bought some 600 thread count sheets from Target...when I say this is my ONLY sheet set, I really mean this is the only sheet set I'm willing to sleep on! There's so silky smooth, they stay cool, and they make me feel sexy lol! The only time I go back to jersey cotton is if these are in the dirty clothes hamper!

Best. Sheets. Ever. big grin
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Do you insist on high thread count sheets? Empty Re: Do you insist on high thread count sheets?

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:43 am

I have no idea what kind of sheets we have. We only use the fitted sheet on the matress anyway.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:39 am

There really is a difference. I got a gift of sheets and pillowcases that were high thread count and they are soft as silk.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:53 am

wants2laugh wrote:I have never spent huge amounts of money on sheets. But I had coupons for Kohls and bought sheets that were $130, and paid only $40. I compared them with my usual $30-$40 sheets and I really do like them much better, but not enough to spend an extra hundred. wondering if they will last much much longer tho.

any thoughts on sheets and thread counts?

There's a difference. But they're so expensive. That was a good deal!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:57 am

CeCe wrote:

There's a difference. But they're so expensive. That was a good deal!

Thats probably why I never bought them myself.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:18 am

Yep. There is a quality difference and I don't do the cheap sheets. Gotta be at least 300 thread count.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:22 am

Nystyle709 wrote:Yep. There is a quality difference and I don't do the cheap sheets. Gotta be at least 300 thread count.
    co-signs
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:28 am

Nystyle709 wrote:Yep. There is a quality difference and I don't do the cheap sheets. Gotta be at least 300 thread count.

Agreed. Most of my sheets are 300-600 count. All I need is a good Macy's one day sale.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:04 pm

I agree. Three hundred is the minimum.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:13 am