CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Foo Fighters: Westboro Baptist Church Counter-Protest With 'Keep It Clean (Hot Buns)' (VIDEO)

CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Foo Fighters: Westboro Baptist Church Counter-Protest With 'Keep It Clean (Hot Buns)' (VIDEO)  Empty Foo Fighters: Westboro Baptist Church Counter-Protest With 'Keep It Clean (Hot Buns)' (VIDEO)

Post by CeCe Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:23 pm

Foo Fighters: Westboro Baptist Church Counter-Protest With 'Keep It Clean (Hot Buns)' (VIDEO)
    Posted: 9/18/11 02:12 PM ET

Unafraid to get political -- and goofy -- the Foo Fighters put the two together in a surprise counter-protest against a notorious anti-gay hate church on Friday.

Set to play a concert in Kansas City, Missouri that evening, the band put on a incredible show hours before the first tickets were even ripped. Led by lead singer Dave Grohl, the group showed up at the Westboro Baptist Church's picket against their performance at the city's Sprint Center, riding in the back of a rig truck and rocking out.

Playing their fun, faux-country trucker ode "Keep It Clean (Hot Buns)," the Fighters dressed in the same costumes that they wear in their nudity-filled spoof video for the song. And so as the hate spewed forth from the lips of the small, vitriolic group, their words were drowned out by amplified phrases, such, as "Driving all night, got a hankering for something/Think I'm in the mood for some hot-man muffins/Mmmm, sounds so fine, yes indeed."

During an interlude in the song, Grohl announced, "God Bless America! It takes all kinds; I don't care if you're black or white or purple or green, whether you're Pennsylvanian or Transylvanian, Lady gaga or Lady Antebellum. Men loving women and women loving men and men loving men and women loving women -- you all know we like to watch that. But what I'd like to say is, God Bless America, y'all!"

Here's the video of the event, which was reported by the city's NBC Action News. Click here to see the real video for the "Keep It Clean (Hut Buns)" tune.

WATCH:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/18/foo-fighters-westboro-baptist-church_n_968395.html
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Foo Fighters: Westboro Baptist Church Counter-Protest With 'Keep It Clean (Hot Buns)' (VIDEO)  Empty Re: Foo Fighters: Westboro Baptist Church Counter-Protest With 'Keep It Clean (Hot Buns)' (VIDEO)

Post by CatEyes10736 Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:03 pm

ROFLMAO! clapping
    That was great CeCe.

I love how condescending it was to that cult of buffoons, despite it being so peaceful.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Foo Fighters: Westboro Baptist Church Counter-Protest With 'Keep It Clean (Hot Buns)' (VIDEO)  Empty Re: Foo Fighters: Westboro Baptist Church Counter-Protest With 'Keep It Clean (Hot Buns)' (VIDEO)

Post by CeCe Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:34 pm

I never had an opinion one way or the other before about the Foo Fighters but I think I love them now lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 2:41 am