CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Alan Smithee
Tony Marino
Shale
Supernova
Nystyle709
Chris
10 posters

Have you ever had a bad experience/reaction to any medications?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Have you ever had a bad experience/reaction to any medications? Empty Have you ever had a bad experience/reaction to any medications?

Post by Chris Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:21 am

Prescribed, or store bought, have you ever had a bad experience with medication?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Have you ever had a bad experience/reaction to any medications? Empty Re: Have you ever had a bad experience/reaction to any medications?

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:09 am

Nah.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Have you ever had a bad experience/reaction to any medications? Empty Re: Have you ever had a bad experience/reaction to any medications?

Post by Supernova Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:16 am

As a kid, children's Tylenol, anybody remember those awful pink and purple round chewable tablets?, tasted like plastic, they always made me puke they were so disgusting.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:06 pm

I am allergic to 'cillins. Not life-threatening anaphylactic shock yet but an annoying itchy rash all over my bod. Docs know this but still prescribe things that have a cillin hidden in it like Augmentin and I have to add another compound drug to the list.

I also have bad reactions to Clindamycin, internally it gave me diarrhea and I had to take an anti-protozoan to end that. Topically gives me a skin rash.

Something in most cold meds makes me break out also. Either acetaminophen or pseudoephedrine that is in all cold meds. So, I can't take Nyquil, Theraflu or most cold meds.

Last edited by Opa Shale on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:09 pm

Doctor prescribed Claritin for a sinus infection and when I took it, I thought I went to the moon and back. Never again!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:12 pm

Not yet.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:19 pm

Nope. I've never really had experience with a lot of meds, never beed really sick or hospitilized.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:55 pm

I'm allergic to Acetaminophen (Tylenol)--anaphylactic reaction, hives, swelling.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:09 pm

I can't take a lot of the codeine meds without getting really sick. But the worst reaction was probably a too hefty dose of pain med at the hospital. Flapping floor tiles. Not really "harmful" although amusing for everyone else at the time.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:21 pm

CeCe wrote:I can't take a lot of the codeine meds ...

Ah yes, my first drug experience. And the pill that mama gave me (Dristan used to have codiene in it when I was a kid) I sat in dad's recliner and took a flying trip around the living room.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:59 pm

Tony Marino wrote:Doctor prescribed Claritin for a sinus infection and when I took it, I thought I went to the moon and back. Never again!

I'm trying to imagine you high Tony! laughing
    Promise me that if you ever take Claritin again, you'll log on and post!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:35 pm

Chris wrote:

I'm trying to imagine you high Tony! laughing
    Promise me that if you ever take Claritin again, you'll log on and post!

This could be amusing. Did I Say That?
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:49 am

Jeez. Me and drugs don't have a good track record....

Freshman year of college I got strep throat and learned 2 weeks later I'm highly allergic to penicillin.

I almost failed summer school in college because my doc prescribed Zyrtec for my allergies. Half of the time I couldn't even remember the walk to class!

A few years back a doc prescribed Bactrim for an infection--why, I don't know, since I never had it before, but I learned I'm also highly allergic to that as well.

The other night I thought I was coming down with a sinus infection so I took some basic, daytime formula Target brand sinus pain and congestion meds...I swear on everything, I conked out and dreamed of pills growing off trees. I kept waking up wondering what state I was in!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:11 am