CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Whoever Slew Auntie Roo? (1972) with Shelly Winters

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Whoever Slew Auntie Roo? (1972) with Shelly Winters Empty Whoever Slew Auntie Roo? (1972) with Shelly Winters

Post by Supernova Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:51 am

Holy crap, that's about all I can say, other than now THIS is how you turn a fairy tale into a movie. I got this on a double feature of horror movies from the grocery store for $5 and it was damn FREAKY alright! Shelly Winters was marvelous in this, one thing I think of is when she was in Night of the Hunter (oddly enough also like a fairy tale) with Robert Mitchum and when movies like this and What's The matter with Helen? came out it was like this is HER chance to be the psycho. Shelly plays a mother in the 1920s who is trying to 'find' her daughter through seances, even though the daughter hasn't been missing at all, but during a Christmas party she finds an orphan girl to replace her daughter. VERY creepy but the ending is VERY satisfactory, has anybody here seen it?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Whoever Slew Auntie Roo? (1972) with Shelly Winters Empty Re: Whoever Slew Auntie Roo? (1972) with Shelly Winters

Post by Tony Marino Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:41 am

It sounds vaguely familiar like a movie I saw late one night on TBS or some other commercial channel.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Whoever Slew Auntie Roo? (1972) with Shelly Winters Empty Re: Whoever Slew Auntie Roo? (1972) with Shelly Winters

Post by Supernova Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:32 pm

Oh it is great, it opens up very creepy, and then it seems like a normal happy Christmas movie, but then little weird things start happening here and there until it is full blown jaw dropz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:45 pm