CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Bluesmama
Alan Smithee
Cheaps
Shale
Nystyle709
CeCe
Chris
11 posters

'Steve Jobs Funeral To Be Picketed By Westboro Church'

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

News 'Steve Jobs Funeral To Be Picketed By Westboro Church'

Post by Chris Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:25 am

'Steve Jobs Funeral To Be Picketed By Westboro Church' Godhatessigns_616

Steve Jobs Funeral To Be Picketed By Westboro Church
    Announced via tweet sent from iPhone...

Fringe religious organization Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket former Apple CEO Steve Jobs’ funeral, according to a tweet by top member Margie J Phelps.

Westboro, known by most as the “God Hates Fags” people, travel around the country protesting high profile funerals of celebrities and fallen American soldiers. Their message is predominantly anti-gay and claim that soldiers’ deaths are punishment from an angry God. They commonly sport signs that read “God hates you,” “America is doomed,” and “You’re going to hell.”

General consensus leans toward strong disapproval of the group, and they are commonly referred to as one of the most despised groups around. But the Supreme Court has upheld their right to protest at these events, saying that their free speech rights cannot be restricted simply because their speech is unpopular or even despicable.

Phelps tweeted this just a few hours ago. Note the method of which her tweet was sent:

'Steve Jobs Funeral To Be Picketed By Westboro Church' Blah123

Yes, this tweet was sent via Twitter for iPhone. The irony here is almost unbelievable.

No matter what Westboro does at the funeral of Steve Jobs, it appears that Jobs will win in the end – his influence even stretches to an announcement like this.

Truly amazing.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

News Re: 'Steve Jobs Funeral To Be Picketed By Westboro Church'

Post by CeCe Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:03 am

ROFLMAO! I was just going to point out these idiots used an iPhone to make their announcement. Dumbasses
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:08 am

Not surprised.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:10 am

CeCe wrote: ROFLMAO! I was just going to point out these idiots used an iPhone to make their announcement. Dumbasses
    co-signs

And the other irony is in their own signs:
    “You’re going to hell.”
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:18 am

CeCe wrote: ROFLMAO! I was just going to point out these idiots used an iPhone to make their announcement. Dumbasses

laughing
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:32 am

RIP Steve. Damn, wish he could've beat that.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:33 pm

Know what would be great? If the media would stop mentioning these scumbags. The only thing I want to hear about is the massive gathering at Fred Phelps' funeral by every group his merry little band of fuckwads caused pain to.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:44 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:Know what would be great? If the media would stop mentioning these scumbags. The only thing I want to hear about is the massive gathering at Fred Phelps' funeral by every group his merry little band of fuckwads caused pain to.

co-signs They do it for attention & the hope of filing a lawsuit. Like little kids acting up. We can't make them go to their room but we can ignore them. I've seen the daughter of the very unfortunate looking woman on twitter. She absolutely thrives on the attention there.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:49 pm

CeCe wrote:

co-signs They do it for attention & the hope of filing a lawsuit.

One of these days they're going to get more than they asked for. A grieving person at a funeral will be ready, and start shooting at them. Just watch. And I wouldn't blame him/her one damn bit.

Free speech, yeah, yeah, yeah . . . but at a funeral, this IS just . . . WRONG!
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:07 pm

Bluesmama wrote:

One of these days they're going to get more than they asked for. A grieving person at a funeral will be ready, and start shooting at them. Just watch. And I wouldn't blame him/her one damn bit.

Free speech, yeah, yeah, yeah . . . but at a funeral, this IS just . . . WRONG!
    Yes, we can only hope.

I'm thinking some GI (even without PTSD) will be so pissed that these fuckers are trashing fallen heroes that he takes them all out (including that 'innocent' kid before he grows up to become just another phelpfucker).

The right to free speech only applies to the government censoring you. The right to piss off grieving ppl is at your own risk.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:10 pm

What I want to see is these chickenshit asswipes "protesting" a gang members funeral.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:46 pm

Opa Shale wrote:
    Yes, we can only hope.

I'm thinking some GI (even without PTSD) will be so pissed that these fuckers are trashing fallen heroes that he takes them all out (including that 'innocent' kid before he grows up to become just another phelpfucker).

The right to free speech only applies to the government censoring you. The right to piss off grieving ppl is at your own risk.

This is something I just can't stand. I don't care if it's someone like Jeffrey Dahmer being laid to rest ~ the loved ones have a right to bury him in peace.

I liked CeCe's answer, too. I'd like to add the Mafia. Mess one of THEIR funerals and the whole WB organization could end up as shark food.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:48 pm

I am beginning to think that this Church is some left-wing fringe group pretending to be a right wing fringe group to intentionally give them a bad name. They're a total cartoon spoof. Gosh, wish they'd go bankrupt so they can stop giving humanity a bad name.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:14 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:I am beginning to think that this Church is some left-wing fringe group pretending to be a right wing fringe group to intentionally give them a bad name. They're a total cartoon spoof. Gosh, wish they'd go bankrupt so they can stop giving humanity a bad name.
    Lunatic fringe is probably more like it. They're not even a "church" in the sense of the word. They're pretty much all related to each other. Almost all of them are lawyers. They make spectacles out of themselves & some money when they get attacked. The worst thing they do is cause already grieving people even more grief with their hate & craziness. They've been very lucky. But I imagine eventually it will run out. At some point they're going to "protest" the wrong funeral. I just hope the cameras are rolling.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:51 pm

CeCe wrote:What I want to see is these chickenshit asswipes "protesting" a gang members funeral.

That would be interesting but don't hold your breath. These people are cowards without principles.
    gingersnaps
    gingersnaps
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by gingersnaps Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:40 pm

CeCe wrote:What I want to see is these chickenshit asswipes "protesting" a gang members funeral.

I just imagine those lunatic asswipes are too chicken to try that. I imagine a few gang members going after these nuts as soon as the gang members see the signs.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:57 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

That would be interesting but don't hold your breath. These people are cowards without principles.

gingersnaps wrote:
    I just imagine those lunatic asswipes are too chicken to try that. I imagine a few gang members going after these nuts as soon as the gang members see the signs.

Can you picture these idiots yelling that the person is "burning in hell" & "god is laughing"?

Then the response.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:33 am

This group makes me ill. They are the same as anti-abotion protestors who never do a second of community service for at-risk youth.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:08 pm

ITA that the media should just ignore these ignorant idiots. They claim to be Christians but where is the LOVE? I guess they missed one of Jesus' most important commandments - Love others as you love yourself. Seems they're more like the Pharisees and Sadducees of the Bible.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:01 pm

Thank goodness these assholes apparently didn't get the chance.

Steve Jobs Funeral Held Friday, Ceremony Private: Report
    10/ 7/11 04:52 PM ET

SAN FRANCISCO — The Wall Street Journal is reporting that the funeral for Apple co-founder Steve Jobs is being held Friday.

The newspaper cited an unnamed person familiar with the matter. The person described the ceremony as a small private gathering. The person would not say where or when Friday the funeral is taking place.

Apple would say only that no public funeral services are planned. Apple has invited the public to send memories, thoughts and condolences to rememberingsteve(at)apple.com

Jobs died Wednesday at 56. Apple Inc. announced no cause of death, but Jobs had been diagnosed with a rare pancreatic cancer seven years ago and had a liver transplant in 2009.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/07/steve-jobs-funeral-held-f_n_1000772.html

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:52 am