CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Topeka, KS stops prosecuting domestic violence due to budget cuts

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Topeka, KS stops prosecuting domestic violence due to budget cuts Empty Topeka, KS stops prosecuting domestic violence due to budget cuts

Post by Supernova Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:56 am

http://theweek.com/article/index/220089/legalizing-domestic-violence-topekas-terrible-plan-to-save-money

I saw this yesterday on MSN's front page, and since we're a neighboring town I expected it to be the headline of the papers last night, well it wasn't, I figure it'll take a few days for the papers to get hold of it, but people are already sounding off on it and rightfully so. Stop prosecuting domestic violence? But they say 'oh that doesn't mean they'll get away with it', oh no? No jail, no trial, what's left? I tell you if I lived there I would be moving immediately.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Topeka, KS stops prosecuting domestic violence due to budget cuts Empty Re: Topeka, KS stops prosecuting domestic violence due to budget cuts

Post by CeCe Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:21 pm

Guess they thought there were "more important things to worry about" & their "plate was too full". See, THIS is the possibility when we start prioritizing what's "more important".
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Topeka, KS stops prosecuting domestic violence due to budget cuts Empty Re: Topeka, KS stops prosecuting domestic violence due to budget cuts

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:27 pm

Maybe if they would reduce the prosecution of non-violent crimes they would have the resources to prosecute the violent ones.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:39 pm

Sounds to me like a good plot to get a levy approved.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:04 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:Maybe if they would reduce the prosecution of non-violent crimes they would have the resources to prosecute the violent ones.
    That is too str8forward, logical and easy.

It'll never happen.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:16 pm

Opa Shale wrote:
    That is too str8forward, logical and easy.

It'll never happen.

I know...it's my curse Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:03 pm