CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+12
sue67
SecHandNews
TSJToddFan
allison13
Jason B.
trevorrules2
Tony Marino
ForeverJash
Forgiveness Man
Chris
Kral
TSJFan4Ever
16 posters

Is this a friendly board to post on?

TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Is this a friendly board to post on? Empty Is this a friendly board to post on?

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:53 pm

I'm taking a break from a board that allows some posters to bash other posters. If you hate a certain character, all the mods do is edit posts to remove the bashing but if you like the character and you slip up even a few times, you're banned. There are a couple of posters I've reported half a dozen to a dozen times a day for attacking and bashing those who dare to like this character and defend him.A handful of posters have made the board a very ugly place to post and I'm looking for a refuge in which I won't be bashed or attacked because I like certain characters or, if bashing occurs, it's dealt with fairly and without biases.

I love discussing OLTL, but the board I usually post on has become extremely unpleasant and nothing is done. I just want a place where I can discuss OLTL and enjoy intelligent discussions with other viewers, not a place where I am constantly under attack.

I'm sorry for this off topic post. Just wanted to get a feel for the board. It would be nice to discuss OLTL and not come under attack for liking Todd Manning.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Is this a friendly board to post on? Empty Re: Is this a friendly board to post on?

Post by Kral Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:57 pm

This is a VERY friendly board and from what I can tell, most of us are Todd LOVERS so you're amongst family here! big grin There isn't any bashing of opinions here. No over editing and over moderating (like at SOC). We just discuss the show as we see it and are a totally friendly group. I think for the most part we all agree on just about everything but even if the few instances where we don't, no one takes it personal because opinions aren't presented in such an ugly and snide way, like at other boards.

Last edited by Kral on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Is this a friendly board to post on? Empty Re: Is this a friendly board to post on?

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:01 am

LOL - I don't even have to name the board and you peg it. I was warned that it was an ugly place when I first joined and it really has lived up to that. Realized that nothing is going to be done and those who bash Todd's fans will get away with it and decided there have to be better places out there. stuck it out for sevearl years, making good use of the block feature, but it's clear nothing will change and the mods there are pretty biased, so I decided to seek out new horizons. A friend mentioned this board as an alternative.

Glad I finally found a decent board. Smile I'm a HUGE Todd Manning/Trevor St. John fan. Smile
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Kral Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:06 am

I was on the verge of getting banned at SOC. The posters and attitudes there made me livid with all the anti-Todd/pro-RH Todd garbage. And the moderators there are awful. Basically they allow a "board mentality" to go on there, and so if you adamantly DISAGREE with the board mentality you are treated like the troublemaker and the play Big Brother with you. I've gotten into ugly fights with people there, and seen MY posts be deleted and I get treated to a "warning", while the others posts remain. THEY (the mods) make you wanna act out with the oppressive bias they show. The funny thing is they constantly act like they're a cut above the rest, as far as being "civil" compared to other boards. Ha! No! They constantly complain about ABC.com and call it "Scary Town", well I call SOC "Scary Town 2".

Tell me....is that annoying "ABCSoaps94" or whatever still there?

TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:27 am

Yeah - that's exactly how it is on that board! The RH fans take any and every chance to bash Trevor fans and it gets REALLY ugly. The mods allow it to happen 'cause they hate Todd and Trevor. The mods are as biased as Llanview PD! They go all nazi on Todd fans and treat the Todd haters as golden children.

ABCSoaps94 is still there and still just as bad. There are a few other posters who are equally as bad - a newer posted called nancy something or other, who seeks out Todd fans and repeats over and over that Todd is a rapist. She can't mention his name without adding that he's a rapist. I was reporting her posts half a dozen to a dozen times a day and have been form the moment she started posting and she's still there, while two other posters were banned for far less than what she and other haters have done. Nancy and this one other poster keep claiming that they're not at all biased and view everythign fairly but they're always bashing Todd. SOC is as bad, if not worse, than the ABC board. It's a joke that they think they're better than ABC. I just realized when I got an e-mail form Liz, after complaining to Dan, that nothing will be done. Liz pretty much said so in the e-mail - said that banning is a last resort and so on, and yet I've seen posters banned for minor infractions, while the Haters don't have any consequences for MAJOR offences.

I post on SOC as JeffBransonFan. I'm also a huge fan of Jeff Branson. Smile
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:44 am

Welcome TSJFan4Ever. Smile

I'm the admin., and I can assure you that none of the Todd-bashing nonsense that goes on at the other boards happens here. Like Kral said, the majority of us *like* Todd/TSJ, so that alone makes this place a safer haven for his fans. The vibe amongst us is a cool, cordial, laid back one. Like who you like, dislike who you don't. This is, I guess, a Todd-partisan board...but that doesn't mean everyone has to be a fan of his to be here. All opinions are welcome. I used to post at the ABC soap newsgroup and there were people who loved/adored certain characters and people who despised them, but because we were all adults, we didn't go out of our way to be catty and petty about it, so fights rarely broke out amongst viewers with contrasting opinions, because the overall tone was a respectful one. Everyone took it in stride, no one used insulting characters as a backhanded tactic to insult other posters. That's how I'd like for it to be here, and thus far it is.

Again, welcome.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:10 am

Thanks Chris. From what I've seen, this board is SUCH a change from the nastiness and cattiness that is a part of other boards. Fine if you don't like a character but to go out of your way to bait fans and bash them, and have the mods let it go, because they don't like the character either? Just doesn't make for a pleasant place to be. Reminds me too much of work! I work in a middle school - don't feel like dealing with middle school behaviour when I come home, too.

Looking forward to posting on this board!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:15 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:Thanks Chris. From what I've seen, this board is SUCH a change from the nastiness and cattiness that is a part of other boards. Fine if you don't like a character but to go out of your way to bait fans and bash them, and have the mods let it go, because they don't like the character either? Just doesn't make for a pleasant place to be. Reminds me too much of work! I work in a middle school - don't feel like dealing with middle school behaviour when I come home, too.

Looking forward to posting on this board!

Cool. We're looking forward to having you here! big hugz

In the meantime, feel free to select an avatar or create a signature if you wish. Also, check out the rest of the forum too. Conversation Chamber. We talk about a multitude of things here.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:01 pm

I noticed how the OP didn't have to specify which board he/she was talking about in order for people to guess. Wink

Anyway, I am new here and also kind of disgruntled with the way things are handled at that "other" board. I've met great people there but the board just seems to be in disarray. I am hoping this is different. Razz
    ForeverJash
    ForeverJash
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Rep : 9

Post by ForeverJash Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:08 pm

OMG, this is like a reunion! I used to post at SoapCentral too. My name there was "OLTL Since 1992". I remember you Forgiveness_Man and I think I recall you too TSJ4Ever under your other name. I found this forum linked on to the Llanview Labyrinth website and told Kral and Stavdash about it. Yeah I hate SOC now. Absolutely can't stand it. That place made my friggin head hurt. I could name drop a whole bunch of posters there who made me want to sucker punch my monitor, but it's not worth it. I haven't posted there in a year and have no plans of ever returning.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:11 pm

You remember me? lol Did I make an impression like that? lol
    ForeverJash
    ForeverJash
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Rep : 9

Post by ForeverJash Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:13 pm

I remember your "Owen Morasco" stories. Razz
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:24 pm

I thank Chris for finding me and inviting me to this board. I too was on a board that the people were very nasty and opinionated if you liked TSJ. They were also very homophobic when it came to the Fish/Kyle story and you just would not believe the things they said. Some of them live in the Dark Ages and would make my hair stand on end from some of the posts. This place is the best place I have ever posted on, we not only talk about OLTL but we talk about anything on our minds and no one bashes anyone regardless of how silly or off topic your post might be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and like Chris said, we are mostly all Todd/TSJ fans. I never liked RH much and on the other board I would say why I didn't like him and most of them slammed bashed me into the ground for my opinion which was targeted at no one but the board itself. I got into an argument with a board member who was extremely homophobic, she was blaming the Kyle/Fish storyline for the bad ratings of OLTL. After bantering back and forth with this imbecile, I discovered Chris's Llanview Labyrinth and he invited me here. I am very happy here and everyone is great!!! So Welcome to board paradise, please join in the other topics as well.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:18 pm

ForeverJash wrote:I remember your "Owen Morasco" stories. Razz
    You mean I've been telling those stories THAT much longer than a year now? :] lol Wow, silly little me. But yeah, I'm definitely the "Owen Morasco" guy. Wink I actually tweaked that story(tweaked it a LOT) and adapted it to a novel! So yeah, I wrote Owen Morasco his own novel. FORGIVENESS MAN
    trevorrules2
    trevorrules2
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 4

Is this a friendly board to post on? Empty Hi Am New Here Too. Hi TSJ4Ever Deb's In The House.

Post by trevorrules2 Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:43 pm

Am a former poster from SOC too. TSJ4Ever told me about this place so I came over here and signed up. I've been banned from SOC for baiting fanbases. Imagine that I was banned in Febuary not allow back until July 17. After the ban is lifted I really do not want to return to that MB. Their bias and agenda driven. It amazes me that I was banned for baiting fanbases. Yet everyone of the Trevor/Todd haters bait the Trevor/Todd fanbase over there every single day, month and year. And the mods favorites never get infractions or banned. They can do what ever they want.

TSJForver told me about this place and how Trevor/Todd friendly it is. So here I'am a member. Finally a place to talk freely about Trevor/Todd without getting bashed, getting infractions or banned.

Hi Everybody.

Deb
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:57 pm

laughing
    Come one, come all. We won't oppress you here!
    trevorrules2
    trevorrules2
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Is this a friendly board to post on? Empty Thank You Chris

Post by trevorrules2 Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:03 pm

Happy to be here. Thanks for the welcome.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:58 pm

No site is worse than TWOP. That place is host to the most wayward of soap fans. This is a very good place. We all just lightly banter with each other, with no drama at all. I was invited here by Chris, I used to post at the AOL OLTL board and at RATSA (the soap NG he talked about.) Back in the 90s and early/mid 2000s, RATSA used to be a marvelous place for soap discussion. You had a number of LONG TIME viewers who knew their stuff, and would give you knowledge and perspective about the show and its characters past and present. The commentary there was fun and lively. The kicker is that it wasn't at all moderated, but still a very respectful place. Respect amongst posters was just expected, and everyone was good about it. I think the finger wagging, post deleting moderators at some of these other forums actually inspire misbehavior, because if you remove someone's posts (their thoughts) then chances are they're now going to have a chip on their shoulder and want to act up more - especially if it's one sided. Anyway after AOL ditched their newsgroups (which had a lovely killfile) it became a hassle because the only way to now access RATSA was through Google Groups - which doesn't have a filtering service. So you'd be stuck having to weed through mountains of AMC and GH topics to read the OLTL threads. That became a hassle. Between that and OLTL starting to lose quality itself, most OLTL fans got tired and eventually left. The AOL OLTL boards are as bad as some of the soap forums with childish posters and tyrannical board hosts. This place is cool.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:06 pm

I already love this place and have no desire to return to SOC. Seems that the best people have moved on and are here. It'll be nice to have a place to discuss things intelligently and know I won't be bashed because I like Trevor/Todd. I know that some of the nice regulars I remember from SOC aren't there anymore and others are as fed up as me.

Chris - you've created a wonderful place! Can't wait to get to know everyone here. Love how respectful this place is. I'm looking forward to the discussions here. Smile
    allison13
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by allison13 Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:14 pm

I love this board.There's just enough snark on it to be funny without being viscious and I have not seen any member bashing since I've been here.
    TSJToddFan
    TSJToddFan
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Rep : 3

Post by TSJToddFan Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:16 pm

I could write a very scathing editorial on SoapCentral; one that would name names (what the hey...I'll do it anyway: Thisismoi, ABCsoaps94, Luke, starbird, mel-o, MonkeyPaws, Oregon Daisy, NatGreens, PANTISHA1, Candycane77, Compgirl and phony spoiler princess RavenBeauty...who believes her own self-righteous hype.) It is akin to a playground of venomous soccer moms with their pesky, spoiled, need-to-be-slapped kids. Even before I was told about this forum, I had already stopped posting there for at least six months and did not regularly log in anymore, so it is a wonder that I just happen sign in one day and see the notice from ForeverJash posted on my profile wall about this board. Soap Opera Network is as bad, with a bunch of snarky cynics, who love to posture, and come off like they suffer from fist-sized hemorrhoids.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Kral Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:39 am

TSJToddFan wrote:I could write a very scathing editorial on SoapCentral; one that would name names (what the hey...I'll do it anyway: Thisismoi, ABCsoaps94, Luke, starbird, mel-o, MonkeyPaws, Oregon Daisy, NatGreens, PANTISHA1, Candycane77, Compgirl and phony spoiler princess RavenBeauty...who believes her own self-righteous hype.) It is akin to a playground of venomous soccer moms with their pesky, spoiled, need-to-be-slapped kids. Even before I was told about this forum, I had already stopped posting there for at least six months and did not regularly log in anymore, so it is a wonder that I just happen sign in one day and see the notice from ForeverJash posted on my profile wall about this board. Soap Opera Network is as bad, with a bunch of snarky cynics, who love to posture, and come off like they suffer from fist-sized hemorrhoids.

It's a new day so I won't focus too much on hating those SOC relics, but I have to say that this list is pretty spot-on. These were the offenders! At least they were when I was last there a year ago.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:08 am

The first two are still there - haven't seen the others in awhile but there are new ones who are actually worse who've taken their places. I think I'll pass this board along to some of my posting buddies on SOC - let them know this is a great place to post. Smile Deb's here, FM is here - just need Sue and a few others and all my posting buddies will be here.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Kral Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:10 am

febgrl23 is a member here too, but unfortunately has never posted.
    SecHandNews
    SecHandNews
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by SecHandNews Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:11 am

Hey there new posters! big grin Welcome aboard. Some of those other boards are terrible with the obsessive and often irrational Todd hate, ITA. Sure he's not exactly Santa Clause, but I didn't know I was watching Sesame Street. He makes for good soap.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:23 am