CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

The Skin I Live In (2011)

JWF
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 4

The Skin I Live In (2011) Empty The Skin I Live In (2011)

Post by JWF Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:05 am

A film that leaves a mark, without being one of Pedro Almodovar's elite films. Even so, it is outrageously fascinating and creepy. Just in time for Halloween.

You will recognize many of Almodovar's plot strokes, including a bizarre twist or three. A horror thriller that is part "Frankenstein" (mad doctor). Part "Vertigo" (identity). And part "Cape Fear" (revenge).

Well played by Antonio Banderas, as the mad plastic surgeon, who wife was burned in a car crash. Thus, for the next 12 years he's working on the perfect skin, which guards against many inter and outer elements, and feels could have saved his wife.

However, the doctor needs a guinea pig. Enters Vera who becomes a caged woman. We also meet the doctors unbalanced suicidal daughter, lunatic brother, and his controlling maid and jailer (actual mother). This is just the beginning. If I revealed more I would be skinned.

It takes the film a bit too long to unfold. Otherwise, entertaining and mind boggling. For the weak at heart, not an easy film to watch.

4/5 stars

Jack
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

The Skin I Live In (2011) Empty Re: The Skin I Live In (2011)

Post by Tony Marino Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:43 pm

Sounds interesting enough, I have to look into this one.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:23 pm

I read about this movie a few months ago, and a lot of the viewers at a film festival (Cannes?) were disturbed by this movie. Which made it even more intriguing to me.

I am definitely going to see this one. I am a big admirer of Antonio Banderas, and am ready to watch something morbid from him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:47 pm