CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
CeCe
RobbieFTW
Supernova
Chris
8 posters

Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide? Empty Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide?

Post by Chris Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:57 am

Since 'bullycide' seems to be a hot topic these days; let me ask you this, who do you think is the most to blame when a kid who was getting bullied at school commits suicide? The school, the bully/bullies, the parents of the bullies, the parents of the bullied kid, or the kid himself?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide? Empty Re: Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide?

Post by Supernova Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:02 am

The responsibility ultimately comes back to the child in question because a lot of people's lives are hell but the don't kill themselves for it.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide? Empty Re: Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide?

Post by RobbieFTW Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:23 am

The school and the bully.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:47 am

It's a shared responsibility. Certainly the bully. The people in authority who allow it. A society that is apathetic or dismissive. I'm seeing an increasing lack of empathy in this country that is disturbing.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:42 am

I'm gonna say noone. Clearly its an unfortunate and sad incident, but you can't blame a single person for another person's SUICIDE.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:33 pm

Everybody directly involved....
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:49 pm

Everybody directly involved shares some blame.

The bully for doing the bullying, the school for allowing/enabling it, the parents for not doing anything beforehand, and yes, even the kid for choosing to end their pain by ending their life. Everyone shares some blame, whether we like it or not.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:00 pm

Chris wrote:Since 'bullycide' seems to be a hot topic these days; let me ask you this, who do you think is the most to blame when a kid who was getting bullied at school commits suicide? The school, the bully/bullies, the parents of the bullies, the parents of the bullied kid, or the kid himself?

I don't like blaming the victim. In cases like this, I levy my vitriol at all those I bolded.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:59 am