CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Alan Smithee
Chris
6 posters

'Teen Tragically Kills Herself After Tweeting 144 Times About Abuse' (video)

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

'Teen Tragically Kills Herself After Tweeting 144 Times About Abuse' (video) Empty 'Teen Tragically Kills Herself After Tweeting 144 Times About Abuse' (video)

Post by Chris Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:59 pm

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/111108-18-year-old-girl-tweets-144-times-before-committing-suicide#ixzz1dJbnCoHc

18-Year-Old Girl Tweets 144 Times before Committing Suicide
    Only on FOX

Updated: Thursday, 10 Nov 2011, 10:39 AM CST
    Published : Tuesday, 08 Nov 2011, 6:39 PM CST

18-Year-Old Girl Tweets 144 Times before Committing Suicide: MyFoxHOUSTON.com

HOUSTON - Ashley Billasano did not show up for school at Rosenberg’s BF Terry High School Tuesday morning.

Instead, she took to her Twitter page, saying there was so much more she wanted to do.

"It's obvious she needed somebody to talk to and that's what I believe those tweets were," said Chief Craig Brady with the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Department. "She was trying to communicate and trying to get people to talk to her."

In those 144 tweets posted over the course of 6 hours, Billasano claimed she was molested and forced into prostitution.

She talked about how she dealt with the pain the first time.

"I went to the bathroom and locked the door"

"I took apart a razor. I did what I had to do to forget. I swear after that night I was never the same"

She talked about confiding with a boyfriend and telling her secret.

"I remember telling my closest teacher and CPS and the police detectives,” she said. “I remember having to tell them everything."

"It is my understanding she made an outcry apparently a year ago in Williamson County up close to Austin about some allegations of sexual abuse," Brady said. "My understanding, that was looked into the sheriff's office there, the D.A'S office and a grand jury. There was no indictment issued."

That decision had a profound impact on Billasano. She tweeted:

"Weeks passed, then I got the call. They said sorry but there isn't enough evidence I hung up."

"That's when I changed I didn't care anymore and the people I was meeting gave me no reason to."

More than 500 people were following her Twitter account when she tweeted, "I'd love to hear what you have to say but I wont be around."

And finally her last tweet,

"Take two. I hope I get this right."

Tragically she did. Billasano committed suicide by suffocation.

"We don't want to get into a lot of details, we don't want any copy cats or promote it," Brady said. "There's some indications this may not be the first time she actually attempted this particular method which she learned off the internet."

While grief counselors tend to other students at BF Terry High School, sheriff's deputies will be pouring over the heart-wrenching tweets.

It's not known how many people were following Billasano's final moments and thoughts.

The bigger question: Why didn’t someone seek help for her?

Her tweet postings have been removed. It's not known at whose direction.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

'Teen Tragically Kills Herself After Tweeting 144 Times About Abuse' (video) Empty Re: 'Teen Tragically Kills Herself After Tweeting 144 Times About Abuse' (video)

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:06 pm

Very sad. RIP.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

'Teen Tragically Kills Herself After Tweeting 144 Times About Abuse' (video) Empty Re: 'Teen Tragically Kills Herself After Tweeting 144 Times About Abuse' (video)

Post by Cheaps Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:12 pm

Damn, Horrible.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:26 pm

Friggin' tweets! Why didn't she just PHYSICALLY go to a school counselor or the proper authorities????
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:33 pm

Bluesmama wrote:Friggin' tweets! Why didn't she just PHYSICALLY go to a school counselor or the proper authorities????

Didn't she go to the authorities and was told there wasn't any evidence to do anything?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:55 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Didn't she go to the authorities and was told there wasn't any evidence to do anything?
    She did sad

"It is my understanding she made an outcry apparently a year ago in Williamson County up close to Austin about some allegations of sexual abuse," Brady said. "My understanding, that was looked into the sheriff's office there, the D.A'S office and a grand jury. There was no indictment issued."
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:32 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

I re-read it, and you are right. My mistake.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:46 pm

Craziness.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:07 pm

I'm thinking what role did the girl's parents have in all this? Who did she accuse of abusing her?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:34 pm