CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - 1

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - 1 Empty Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - 1

Post by Shale Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:15 pm

Movie Blurb by Shale
    November 19, 2011

What can I say? Those who are into these movies will go see it and like it. Those who are not will either get dragged by someone who is and grouse about it, or as a critic, will have something derogatory to say about it.

Like the other Twilight Saga movies, this one was not a favorite among the aggregate movie critics, only 27% of whom liked it but it was favored by 92% of audiences. An audience, which I suspect is mostly not in the age or gender of most movie critics. Meaning the movie is pandering to its fan base of young and adolescent women. Oh, and at least one 67-year-old grandpa.

As you may have seen in the trailers, Bella (Kristen Stewart) and Edward (Robert Pattinson) are out of high school and are getting married.

All the Cullens are there as well as Bella's mother and Charlie (Billie Burke).

Alice, Jasper, Esme and Carlisle Cullen
    Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - 1 Tsbd1-dg-212953r

Predictably, Jake (Taylor Lautner) is not taking it well, but there are moments when he cools down enuf to do what is best for Bella.
    Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - 1 Twilightsagabreakingdawnpart1-mv-12

In fact as with the previous movie, Edward and Jacob have developed a bond with their mutual love for Bella. They can't harm each other because of the impact on her.

The first part of the movie, the wedding prep and cameos of all the high school friends was a little slow for me but things do pick up after Bella and Edward get married and go off on their honeymoon at an island off Brazil.
    Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - 1 Tsbd-000032r

Yeah, finally Bella and Edward connect. Kinda dangerous for the human in a vampire/human pairing. Ruf sex with a vampire leaves broken furniture and bruises. Also dangerous if she gets preggers with a demon child.

Yep, as indicated in the trailers, Bella is with child and it is eating her up.
    Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - 1 Bd-818-3

From here the movie takes off with Bella's complications, Jacob challenging Sam the alpha male in the wolf pack who wants to break the treaty and attack the Cullens. Jacob actually joins the Cullens in protecting Bella.

This movie has left the teen angst of the previous flicks and we are getting more into the characters' adult relationships with each other. Rosalie (Nikki Reed) has even warmed to her new sister-in-law Bella. It's all about family.

Actually, kinda glad that I don't read the books movies are made from so I can enjoy the unfolding of the story. This one, if you didn't already read it, will give you some tense moments and some surprising turns. Now I have to wait until the final installment to see how long 'ever after' actually goes.
    Dyllan
    Dyllan
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 2

Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - 1 Empty Re: Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - 1

Post by Dyllan Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:18 am

I actually like the series. I think the critics are way too harsh on it. You can't compare it to "American Beauty". That's not its purpose. Its suppose to be campy, soapy, and over-the-top. For its purpose, I think the movie is good. Its kind of like when critics complain about horror films. They are just supposed to be scary, not masterpieces that involve some deep insight into humanity.

With that said, Kristen Stewart is an awful actress. She has the personality of a stick.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:06 pm

I went to see the movie this weekend and was very disappointed. First let me say that I am a big fan of the Twilight series, mostly the books.

The movie was pretty boring the first half hour, the wedding scene was like a funeral. I think because I did read the books and I know the outcome and because the movie was split in two it was just severely lacking. The most exciting scenes in the movie were when the wolves were at each other and Jacob imprinted on Reneesme. I will see part 2 of breaking dawn and hopefully by then I will have forgotten how bad part 1 was.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:32 pm

Tony Marino wrote: ...The movie was pretty boring the first half hour, the wedding scene was like a funeral. ...
    Yes, I was really getting disappointed at first, thinking "will I have to sit thru 2 hours of this?" But it did pick up and got more interesting after the honeymoon.

I liked the fact that no one knew if it was possible for a vampire to impregnate someone and they are researching it in old books and the Internet.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:47 pm

My daughter saw it and said she didn't like it either. According to her the whole movie centered around the female protagonist being pregnant and that it could have been much shorter.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:08 pm

Chris wrote:My daughter saw it and said she didn't like it either. According to her the whole movie centered around the female protagonist being pregnant and that it could have been much shorter.

I agree it could have been much shorter and could have probably been the last installment of the franchise. But, you know what they did. blank stare @ you

I have seen this with movies that run well over two hours - they usually seem padded to me and I sit there editing in my mind to a good length by taking out the unnecessary superfluous parts.

In this movie I felt like the whole wedding part was being padded and it could have been much tighter. IDK how it ends (And please give spoiler warnings if you book readers MUST tell us) but I think this should have been the final installment.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:02 pm

Additional Movie Blurb by Shale
    November 26, 2011

I went to see Twilight again today. Besides enjoying visiting the Cullen family again, I got to enjoy picking up little things missed in the first viewing.

Like that long boring wedding that every adult reviewer complains about. Knowing that is not the tone of the whole movie made it more enjoyable to sit back and relax with it. Then I realized this is probably the stuff of teen girls - close ups of Bella and Edward going thru their insecurities and affection, close up of Charlie kissing Bella as he gives her away at the alter.

I joked in the other three Twilight movie blurbs that Taylor Lautner must have it in his contract to take his shirt off in every movie. (In Lautner's recent action flick Abduction he also has a prominent shirtless scene) In fact, Edward in Twilight: Eclipse jokes about whether Jacob ever wears a shirt. Well, Jacob opens this movie throwing his invitation to the wedding in the rain and before going all Lycan in rage takes off his shirt.

Taylor Lautner Shirtless
    Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - 1 Twilight-breaking-dawn-part-1-taylor-lautner-jacob-running-woods-e1321510791700

But, to those who love looking at Lautner's buff bod this brief scene is it. He wears a shirt thru-out the rest of the movie.

In last week's blurb I mentioned that Bella was with child and it was eating her up. Here is a pic I just found showing her at the Cullen's home clinic. BTW, this is not the most emaciated she looks in this movie and the special effects are like those with the skinny Chris Evans in Captain America.

Bella Pregnancy Complications
    Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - 1 Kristen-thinspo-490x269

What I really wanted to see today was the little trailer stuck in the middle of the end credits. I missed that last week and read about it after the fact so today sat there at the end of the movie.

Seems the Vulturi are going to cause probs for the Cullens in the final movie. Not because the Cullens have added Bella to their family but we must assume Bella's hybrid child will be part of that story. (Please don't tell me - I like watching these stories unfold on first viewing).

While looking for pics on the Web for this blurb follow-up, I came across this portrayal that is actually based on a scene in the movie, but much more romanticized. Enjoy.

Bella & Edward in Marital Bed
    Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - 1 King-dawn-
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:51 am

When I read Breaking Dawn the first thing that occurred to me is how the hell are they going to tell this story in one movie, it would have to be 5 hours long! I won't give away any parts that are missing from the 1st part but there is a lot more to come and if they film it according to the book there will be a lot more action and surprises!!
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - 1 Empty Twilight Erotica

Post by Shale Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:59 pm

If you enjoyed this movie and have seen the others, here is a bit of Fan Fic that I wrote. It is a little backstory on the Wedding Night bedroom scene in the latest movie.

It is graphically erotic

If you have permissions, go here:

http://www.conversationchamber.com/t14365-for-twilight-fans#160608

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:44 am