CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Supernova
Hyacinth Girl
Shale
Cheaps
Chris
9 posters

Before you got your drivers license

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Before you got your drivers license Empty Before you got your drivers license

Post by Chris Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:40 am

Did you ever secretly drive your parents car before you got your drivers license? If you have any kids, did they ever take yours out before they were licensed?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Before you got your drivers license Empty Re: Before you got your drivers license

Post by Cheaps Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:13 am

Yup, I did sneak in a few late night cruises.

I didn't get my license til I was 19/20.

I did get my permit when I was 15 1/2 but that expired, and just never bothered getting my license. I had permission to drive whatever vehicles I was behind the wheel at, except for those few times mentioned above.

1 time I was pulled over, I was given a ticket for driving with no license, but judge gave me a month to get my license to avoid fines. This occurred during a time when I did have permission to be driving.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Before you got your drivers license Empty Re: Before you got your drivers license

Post by Shale Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:48 am

Stealing the car was not looked upon lightly in my family. My dad woulda had the cops looking for me and I woulda spent at least a night in jail if caught. We were very rule abiding back in the early '60s.

I only drove the car when I had a permit and my dad was with me. I drove to get the license and as soon as I got it my dad drove back (I was no longer covered under his insurance). I never drove again until I got my first car in '66.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:38 am

I only drove the car with my Dad present, but he started teaching me when I was 14. I never got my license until I was 17, though--didn't need it because I was within walking distance to school and work.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:46 am

Hell no, it would've been my luck that would be the time I get in a wreck and would have to explain what I was doing.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:33 pm

Yup. My mother didn't play that shit though. All hell would break loose if she found out I was driving her car without a license.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:35 pm

No, I would have gotten my ass beat if I was caught.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:33 pm

I did.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:57 pm

I did. But it was like the same year I was going to take drivers training. I remember waking up one Sunday morning and sneaking out to drive to McDonald's for breakfast in my mothers car. She figured out I had taken her car because her headlights retracted up and down....and I forgot to put them back down when I parked, something she always did. I wasn't in trouble, but she let me know that she was on to what I had done and to not do it again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:30 pm