CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Do you think only children have no clue about sibling relationships?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Do you think only children have no clue about sibling relationships? Empty Do you think only children have no clue about sibling relationships?

Post by RedBedroom Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:22 am

I am really wondering about this.

I think I do a decent job of practicing tolerance for my guy's totally co-dependent brother. Though, I suspect the co-dependence is mutual more than I thought.

Tonight, I posed a question about what he will do when little bro takes a job out of state and the end result was an argument.

I am an only child, and I just don't get it. I don't see what it would matter at all among adult siblings, who does what.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Do you think only children have no clue about sibling relationships? Empty Re: Do you think only children have no clue about sibling relationships?

Post by Bluesmama Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:31 am

You're not alone, sister! I am in this same situation right now, too, with my husband's side of the family.

My two brothers are much older and were gone by the time my memories start, so I lived as an only child.

My husband often doesn't agree with me. But all my life I've observed people from the outside-looking-in, and I swear, I think I see what more of what goes on in both sides of our families without having to be there. So while he likes to think he doesn't agree with my assessment, he has admitted numerous times that I've been right.

And I don't tolerate much. Just because it's family doesn't give a license to treat each other like assholes.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Do you think only children have no clue about sibling relationships? Empty Re: Do you think only children have no clue about sibling relationships?

Post by RedBedroom Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:44 am

Thanks, Blues for the reply.

It seems when I know I am right, he knows I am too. But when it comes to brother, all bets are off. I get it, but when we have issues to work out, that does not need to be an add.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:02 am

My husband's nephew (who has emotional issues) sent him the nastiest email about a week ago, with the 'F' word thrown into every sentence. No class. I suggested that we ignore it and make no response at all. Surprisingly, husband is trying to see it as "him being him" and let it go. But the neph is not allowed in my house again. Ever. That shall take care of it from now on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:58 pm