CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
RedBedroom
Marc™
Nystyle709
Chris
8 posters

Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video)

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video) Empty Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video)

Post by Chris Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:32 am

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/hiv-patients-die-church-tells-stop-meds-healed-god-report-article-1.983069

Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God: report
    VIDEO: therapy involves screaming to purge the devil, in place of drugs designed to keep HIV patients alive

BY Amanda Mikelberg
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Sunday, November 27 2011, 2:58 AM

At least six HIV-positive people have died after evangelical churches in Britain reportedly told them to stop taking their medication because they had been healed by God.

Pastors at several churches in England and Scotland told undercover Sky News reporters that they could be healed through an exorcism-like process that involves shouting over the patients and spraying water in their faces.

A pastor at the Synagogue Church of all Nations (SCOAN), a wealthy televangelist organization with branches throughout the world, told one undercover reporter - who actually is HIV positive - that they had a 100% success rate.

"We have many people that contract HIV. All are healed," Holmes said.

Holmes even said that if symptoms such as vomiting and diarrhea persist, it's a good sign that the virus is leaving the body.

"We've had people come back before saying, 'Oh, I'm not healed. The diarrhea I had when I had HIV, I've got it again'" Holmes said.

"I have to stop them and say, 'No, please, you are free.'"

And according to the Sky News investigation, as many as six individuals have died after churches instructed them to discontinue their medication.

One of the victims, Emmanuel, stopped taking his medicine a year ago after being instructed by a pastor at his church in London.

The pastor told him that once god forgave him, "the disease will definitely go."

But now Emmanuel believes he may have passed his HIV infection to his boyfriend.

"I feel guilty, if I'm the one who passed it onto him I'm feeling guilty. Yeah, very much guilty," he told Sky News.

SCOAN continues to defend and administer it's treatment for the HIV virus, and other diseases.

"If anybody comes in the name of God, we pray for them. The outcome of the prayer will determine if they come genuinely or not," the church asserted in a statement.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/hiv-patients-die-church-tells-stop-meds-healed-god-report-article-1.983069#ixzz1f70RJyRe
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video) Empty Re: Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video)

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:18 pm

Oh dear. I wanna laugh, but I can't............
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video) Empty Re: Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video)

Post by Marc™ Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:00 pm

Religion conspiring with the devil to destroy people.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:16 pm

That is very terrible, but I can't feel too sorry for these people. If they wanted to believe they were healed, they sealed their fate.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:09 pm

But while I'm a firm believer in the power of prayer, putting ones fate completely in the hands of healers is a fool's game. And evangelists and healers are NOT one and same, anyway. I think these so-called evangelists need to be punished; however, I can't remove all blame from the victims, either.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:31 pm

Well, while the false prophets behind this were wrong, it seems the victims aren't entirely blameless either.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:37 pm

*shakes head* People are supposed to have more brains than this. They seem to forget that God gave us doctors too, and with doctors came medicine and treatments.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:58 pm

Supernova wrote:*shakes head* People are supposed to have more brains than this. They seem to forget that God gave us doctors too, and with doctors came medicine and treatments.

Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video) 729904
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:41 am

I don't know what to say about this. It's just sad that these people were desperate for some kind of solace about their condition and fell prey so-called faithful people who would offer them not only false hope but steer them in a dastard direction. Sad.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:05 pm