CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Supernova
RedBedroom
6 posters

Have you ever ran into anyone who pretended not to know you when you knew they did?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Have you ever ran into anyone who pretended not to know you when you knew they did? Empty Have you ever ran into anyone who pretended not to know you when you knew they did?

Post by RedBedroom Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:21 pm

I ran into a man who used to be a sales manager at a place I worked at. I know I had the right person. His name is Rex and so that is an uncommon name and though it had been a while, I totally remembered his quiet nature and nervous mannerisms.

Anyway, he pretended not to have ever worked at the place. It was very awkward. He did not work there long and was let go, so I guess I shouldn't be shocked. It is just strange though.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Have you ever ran into anyone who pretended not to know you when you knew they did? Empty Re: Have you ever ran into anyone who pretended not to know you when you knew they did?

Post by Supernova Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:33 pm

No but I've ran into people who I couldn't recognize but they knew me.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Have you ever ran into anyone who pretended not to know you when you knew they did? Empty Re: Have you ever ran into anyone who pretended not to know you when you knew they did?

Post by Bluesmama Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:22 pm

Once. A woman who worked in the same building I did many years ago. Ran into her at a Hallmark store awhile back, and she kept shaking her head that she didn't remember me. But I know she did.

She didn't like me, though. We were friendly, but then she pulled a sneaky on me one evening when I found myself as her guest at a Mary Kay "meeting" whose purpose was to solicit new members. I wasn't interested and I think she knew I was far from happy. From the next day forward her attitude around me changed.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:46 pm

Bluesmama wrote:Once. A woman who worked in the same building I did many years ago. Ran into her at a Hallmark store awhile back, and she kept shaking her head that she didn't remember me. But I know she did.

She didn't like me, though. We were friendly, but then she pulled a sneaky on me one evening when I found myself as her guest at a Mary Kay "meeting" whose purpose was to solicit new members. I wasn't interested and I think she knew I was far from happy. From the next day forward her attitude around me changed.

Off topic, but isn't Mary Kay the worst? I have only been to one party, but the host pulled all of us into a different room, one by one, to do a high pressure pitch on becoming a sales person for them. It was very uncomfortable.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:59 pm

RedBedroom wrote:

Off topic, but isn't Mary Kay the worst? I have only been to one party, but the host pulled all of us into a different room, one by one, to do a high pressure pitch on becoming a sales person for them. It was very uncomfortable.

Interesting. Well, they didn't do it at this one I attended, although it was obvious why we were there. I hate high-pressure tactics, and I wouldn't sell for them unless it was the last job on earth.
    gingersnaps
    gingersnaps
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by gingersnaps Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:34 pm

Supernova wrote:No but I've ran into people who I couldn't recognize but they knew me.

i've had that happen to me plenty of times.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:19 am

I live my life in compartments i swear. I have had several people approach me and i had NO freakin clue as to who they were. Even when they told me and where i knew them from, it still didnt ring a bell.

I think that when I am done with a portion of my life, that is it, I wipe it from my head! lol
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:34 am

Not really.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:52 am