CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Sherlock Holmes (2009)

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Sherlock Holmes (2009) Empty Sherlock Holmes (2009)

Post by Supernova Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:08 pm

Who saw this movie? What did you think of it?

From the moment I saw the trailers for it at the theater I knew I would not be wasting my time on it. Now, I'm not a die hard fan of Sherlock Holmes, I've only read one of Doyle's original short stories, the Speckled Band, and the Basil Rathbone movies I find some are good and some are not...but you know what? If you're going to take the most famous 19th century detective in the history of literature, then KEEP him in bloody 19th century instead of this new trend of taking movies set in a certain time in history and then jazzing them up with Matrix/Bruce Lee style action fighting.

If you want to do that then you make an entirely new character (oh that's really hard) and set him in the bloody 20th/21st century where he belongs. Though what really killed it for me seeing the trailer was the whole naked-handcuffed to the bed 'rest assure I'm a professional' thing, might as well spit on Doyle's grave, I'm sure he's getting plenty of rotation in it as it is.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Sherlock Holmes (2009) Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes (2009)

Post by Shale Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:41 pm

Supernova wrote:Who saw this movie? What did you think of it?...
    I saw it two weeks ago and posted my opinion in the "New Releases Reviews"

http://www.conversationchamber.com/t14959-sherlock-holmes-a-game-of-shadows

Maybe ppl should check out that section.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:16 pm