CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Kral
Chris
Marc™
Tony Marino
Nystyle709
Forgiveness Man
AtownPeep
CatEyes10736
12 posters

How did you find out about this forum?

CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

How did you find out about this forum? Empty How did you find out about this forum?

Post by CatEyes10736 Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:00 am

Just thought I'd ask. I used to post at the old Conversation Chamber MB on AOL back in the early 2000s (I don't remember how I found that place I think I was just browsing and saw it and then started posting). Last year when Chris started his web-based version at I think yahoo groups or whatever, he warmly invited me via email. Then he moved it to the other MB that wouldn't let you stay logged in but for a few minutes. Then he moved us here. I've been along on every ride though! big grin
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

How did you find out about this forum? Empty Re: How did you find out about this forum?

Post by AtownPeep Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:25 am

I met Marc on the AOL R&B/Soul music boards back in I think 1997/98. I think he used to back then go by "DDawg" or something like that. We both loved Aaliyah and hated Brandy and would go to battle with Brandy fans and Aaliyah haters on the boards. lol. Then we started IMing each other. I remember we used to IM each other while Jam Zone/Cita's World was on BET and critique the videos. I quit AOL not too long after that and haven't been back since (eff AOL!) Then about 5 yrs. later, I saw him at some other music board and recognized him because he was using a similar name and posting the same way. So I messaged him and sure enuff, it was he. lol We started chatting again and the rest sorta is history. When Chris started the Chamber "Group", Marc invited me there. Then like Cateyes said, he moved it to that other server and then here.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

How did you find out about this forum? Empty Re: How did you find out about this forum?

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:29 am

Saw the link on that Llanview Labyrinth site.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:15 am

I'm from the AOL boards....I remember when "Conversation Chamber" was first created. Before then, it was all about ATSS (Artists That Should Stop). And I was a regular poster on the Aaliyah, MJ, JJ, Prince, Brandy, The Roots, Cold Sweat and a few other music boards. Then of course all that died down and one day a few months ago I decide to browse around on AOL and see if this one was still up and running. There was link, clicked on it, and here I am.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:47 am

I discovered the Llanview Labyrinth and wrote to Chris about how much detail and work he put into that site. I started posting on the board that was there, then Chris invited me to the other board before this one and now I am here Smile Luv it here!
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:37 pm

AtownPeep wrote:I met Marc on the AOL R&B/Soul music boards back in I think 1997/98. I think he used to back then go by "DDawg" or something like that. We both loved Aaliyah and hated Brandy and would go to battle with Brandy fans and Aaliyah haters on the boards. lol. Then we started IMing each other. I remember we used to IM each other while Jam Zone/Cita's World was on BET and critique the videos. I quit AOL not too long after that and haven't been back since (eff AOL!) Then about 5 yrs. later, I saw him at some other music board and recognized him because he was using a similar name and posting the same way. So I messaged him and sure enuff, it was he. lol We started chatting again and the rest sorta is history. When Chris started the Chamber "Group", Marc invited me there. Then like Cateyes said, he moved it to that other server and then here.

LOL
    Oh God....that was D Dawg1G. I had to settle on that because at the time AOL had cancelled my previous account. So in my haste to start a new one under a different credit card, I just sorta improv'd that from my previous s/n, which was Dtown Dawg.

I remember us playing virtual Beavis + Butthead too. LMAO!

Good times....
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:39 pm

The evolution of the Chamber is a quasi interesting one. It all dates back to late 1998/early 1999, when Netnoir on AOL started giving out personalized message boards. They gave one to Marc ("DtownG.") Then Netnoir got rid of its boards and so that old DtownG board was no more. In the summer of 1999, I used to post at the Black Voices boards and on a whim emailed one of its board hosts, proposing that they create a general discussion board and just on a lark thought of "The Conversation Chamber" as its name. I didn't think they'd do it, but they emailed me back a short time later and said that the board was up. That lasted for about a year, until BV cancelled its message boards too. Then Marc had another board AOL board, "MARQO," that was later renamed "The Conversation Chamber." That lasted a few years, until the popularity of AOL boards died down.

After I created my Llanview Labyrinth site, I attached several message boards to it that were just for the sake of talking about OLTL. None of them took off though. Then I decided to create a general discussion board and revamped the Chamber name. The first one at groups kinda sucked. Had some interesting widgets, but was very slow moving, with a too basic message board. Then I tried to revamp it at activeboard, but didn't care for their layout and like Cat said, there were log in issues. By accident I found this server, saw that it was better designed, and the rest is history. big grin

What I *love* seeing here is 'worlds collide.' I love seeing people from different forums and ares of the Internet come here and interact. I love Nystyle (who I know from the old AOL boards) and Tony Marino (who I met through my OLTL site) chatting as mutual New Yorkers. I love having Cateyes who I remembered from AOL, Robbie who I befriended on facebook and RedBedroom and Supernova from IMDB here mixing it up in the same space. I hope to see more of that. :biggrin:
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:45 pm

Chris your the best buddy!!! big hugz
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:54 pm

Tony Marino wrote:Chris your the best buddy!!! big hugz

Nah. You're beautiful! big hugz
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:09 pm

Chris wrote:

Nah. You're beautiful! big hugz

I insist...you are the best!! big hugz big hugz
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:18 pm

I was tipped off to the Chamber by my friend from SOC ForeverJash. Smile Love it. At first it was all about discussing OLTL but then I started venturing out of just that section and saw the others and started posting in those too! At the previous boards I posted at that were more for soaps, I wasn't nearly as nice as I am here (LOL) because they tended to be more hostile and had more annoying people. Here everyone is so calm and nice that I don't have the urge to act out.
    Wadsworth
    Wadsworth
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 16

Post by Wadsworth Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:35 pm

I think at the IMDB boards I saw the link and clicked on it.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:58 pm

Chris wrote:The evolution of the Chamber is a quasi interesting one. It all dates back to late 1998/early 1999, when Netnoir on AOL started giving out personalized message boards. They gave one to Marc ("DtownG.") Then Netnoir got rid of its boards and so that old DtownG board was no more. In the summer of 1999, I used to post at the Black Voices boards and on a whim emailed one of its board hosts, proposing that they create a general discussion board and just on a lark thought of "The Conversation Chamber" as its name. I didn't think they'd do it, but they emailed me back a short time later and said that the board was up. That lasted for about a year, until BV cancelled its message boards too. Then Marc had another board AOL board, "MARQO," that was later renamed "The Conversation Chamber." That lasted a few years, until the popularity of AOL boards died down.

After I created my Llanview Labyrinth site, I attached several message boards to it that were just for the sake of talking about OLTL. None of them took off though. Then I decided to create a general discussion board and revamped the Chamber name. The first one at groups kinda sucked. Had some interesting widgets, but was very slow moving, with a too basic message board. Then I tried to revamp it at activeboard, but didn't care for their layout and like Cat said, there were log in issues. By accident I found this server, saw that it was better designed, and the rest is history. big grin

What I *love* seeing here is 'worlds collide.' I love seeing people from different forums and ares of the Internet come here and interact. I love Nystyle (who I know from the old AOL boards) and Tony Marino (who I met through my OLTL site) chatting as mutual New Yorkers. I love having Cateyes who I remembered from AOL, Robbie who I befriended on facebook and RedBedroom and Supernova from IMDB here mixing it up in the same space. I hope to see more of that. :biggrin:

How did you find out about this forum? 978355 Yeah I sent Chris a friend request on FB like 2 yrs ago only because I thought he was hot, didnt know him personally. On FB he sent me a msg and invited me to his 1st board and I joined. Been following the CC ever since thru all its multiple locations and revamps. LOL How did you find out about this forum? 951267
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:31 pm

Chris wrote:The evolution of the Chamber is a quasi interesting one. It all dates back to late 1998/early 1999, when Netnoir on AOL started giving out personalized message boards. They gave one to Marc ("DtownG.") Then Netnoir got rid of its boards and so that old DtownG board was no more.

That.pissed.me.off. I had created the Artists That Should Stop board back in 1997, when members were allowed to create message boards in the music section, but it grew so big and became so general that it was hardly "mine". That DtownG board though WAS and they just scrapped it (despite how monstrously popular it was.) Was so mad that I called myself "boycotting" AOL. Cancelled my account that summer....but came back after being away for only a few months.

In the summer of 1999, I used to post at the Black Voices boards and on a whim emailed one of its board hosts, proposing that they create a general discussion board and just on a lark thought of "The Conversation Chamber" as its name. I didn't think they'd do it, but they emailed me back a short time later and said that the board was up. That lasted for about a year, until BV cancelled its message boards too. Then Marc had another board AOL board, "MARQO," that was later renamed "The Conversation Chamber." That lasted a few years, until the popularity of AOL boards died down.

I got that board through deceptive measures. I had become a board host for the urban music section. As a host, I didn't have the authority to create new message boards for artists, so I'd email the music supervisor and they'd do it for me. These people knew nothing about urban music, and so they'd just randomly create message boards via my request. I sent them a request for "MARQO," was really vague about the general description, and they dimwittedly created a vanity board for me, not knowing any better. By the time they figured out my hoax, that board had become so active that they didn't want to get rid of it....but they couldn't keep the name "MARQO". I remembered the original Conversation Chamber, and just told them to rename it that. That "Conversation Chamber" is actually still on the AOL boards. Deader than a corpse, but they never got rid of it.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:59 pm

I, too, am a refugee from the 1990s music boards of AOL. I believe I may have posted at the AOL "Conversation Chamber" from time to time, but the Aaliyah folder was my usual hangout spot. After Baby Girl died, I gradually lost interest in the boards and would eventually stop posting altogether. I don't even have an AOL account anymore. How I found out about this place was through Mr. Marc. I was a member of a now defunct Aaliyah fan forum, one that I barely even visited, one day I logged in and there was a PM from him inviting me here (clearly he recognized my distinct name.) Clicked the link, and well here I am now.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:12 am

Followed the link from another board, I think Music Lounge. I was at the first Conversation Chamber board before Chris brought it here.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:08 pm

Chris wrote:What I *love* seeing here is 'worlds collide.' I love seeing people from different forums and ares of the Internet come here and interact. I love Nystyle (who I know from the old AOL boards) and Tony Marino (who I met through my OLTL site) chatting as mutual New Yorkers. I love having Cateyes who I remembered from AOL, Robbie who I befriended on facebook and RedBedroom and Supernova from IMDB here mixing it up in the same space. I hope to see more of that. :biggrin:

You're so sweet! big hugz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:34 am