CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

What should be done to better rehabilitate prison inmates?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

What should be done to better rehabilitate prison inmates? Empty What should be done to better rehabilitate prison inmates?

Post by Chris Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:57 pm

With several issues affecting our prison system such as over-population, repeat offenders, high costs, etc., etc. What can be done differently to help with rehabilitation?
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

What should be done to better rehabilitate prison inmates? Empty Re: What should be done to better rehabilitate prison inmates?

Post by Bluesmama Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:18 pm

More prisons.

Seriously. Oregon's been in dire need of more prisons but it gets voted down because of the NIMBY complex ("not in my back yard"). And, yes, I would definitely vote for one where I live.

I do not believe you can rehabilitate violent criminals, and I don't think it's the taxpayer's responsibility to rehabilitate anyone else.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

What should be done to better rehabilitate prison inmates? Empty Re: What should be done to better rehabilitate prison inmates?

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:41 pm

Honestly, it depends on what they did. I think the non-violent offenders shouldn't spend significant years in jail. The insane and hardened ones....I dunno if they can be rehibilitated.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 6:01 pm