CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+10
Shale
CeCe
Chris
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
Alan Smithee
Cheaps
Bluesmama
RedBedroom
Supernova
14 posters

Refrigerators: up and down or side by side?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Refrigerators: up and down or side by side? Empty Refrigerators: up and down or side by side?

Post by Supernova Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:35 am

Do you prefer a refrigerator with a small freezer on the top or an equally sized freezer on the side of the refrigerator? We have gone through several over the years but thankfully have managed to keep our top/bottom one for over 20 years. We have a big chest freezer so we need more room for the chilled foods instead of the frozen ones.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Refrigerators: up and down or side by side? Empty Re: Refrigerators: up and down or side by side?

Post by RedBedroom Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:13 am

I think the side by side ones are cool. That is what my parents had for years. We have a top/bottom but we also have a fridge in the basement. And it is rare we need more freezer room than that.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Refrigerators: up and down or side by side? Empty Re: Refrigerators: up and down or side by side?

Post by Bluesmama Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:24 am

Our refrigerator has the smaller freezer compartment at the top, but we have a full freezer in the garage.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:16 am

We have a side by side freeze/fridge. The freezer side is pretty slim, so we have an extra stand alone freezer for more storage.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:49 am

We've only ever had the top freezer kind but the bottom freezer models look pretty handy.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:21 am

I have a side by side, my parents had it for years so I guess I was used to it. I made a mistake when buying mine, I opted for the refrigerator side to be larger and boy did I regret it later on. Its o.k. for me, I have another refrigerator in the garage, top freezer and bottom refrigerator. I also have no ice makers in either, they take up too much room.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:37 am

The frezeer on top and the fridge on the bottom are usually bigger than the side by side one. My mother has the one on top and an additional deep frezeer. The one in my house has the freezer on the top. My dad has the side by side one.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:30 am

Mine is side by side.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:06 pm

Side by side. But yeah the storage in the freezer part sucks. You're not gonna put a turkey in one of those.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:21 pm

All the apartments I've ever been in have the traditional freezer on top, which for me works just fine.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:10 pm

Ours is side by side. The freezer part is cramped, but we have an addition freezer in the basement to store anything else that doesn't fit.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:05 pm

Freezer section on top (a good amount of space is taken by the ice maker). However I also have a 20 cu.ft. upright freezer so I don't really need a lot of freezer space in the fridge.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:32 pm

I had a side by side for years... now that im in an apt i have the freezer on top. My sis has the new one with the side by side up top and the freezer drawer on the bottom== i really like that!
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:37 pm

Side by side.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:31 am