CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Bluesmama
zthatzmanz28
wants2laugh
7 posters

how bad was your divorce?

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

how bad was your divorce? Empty how bad was your divorce?

Post by wants2laugh Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:13 pm

When I told my husband i wanted a divorce, he didnt believe me. He made arrangements to move out and accumulated home goods for a couple months before he left. When he was gone, I felt it was over, and he insisted we were getting back together.

When he finally came to pick up whatever he wanted from the house, I left for the day and told him to take anything out of the house that he wanted---i would get new stuff to replace anything.

My friend however fought with his ex over EVERYTHING. They argued for a year over who should get the angel on the top of the christmas tree. The way they acted, i thought it was antique or made of gold or something. I could have gotten the damn thing from walmart for $15. His wife even took a closed and an open jar of mayo and put an equal amount in each one---no lie, she split everything in the refrigerator equally! That is just going too far and is petty in my opinion.

my ex tried to fight me for the house, but he had no real case (long story) and had to pay a lawyer to come up with the same exact settlement that i offered him the year before. people are stupid
    zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

how bad was your divorce? Empty Re: how bad was your divorce?

Post by zthatzmanz28 Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:16 pm

I don't know...can I tell you in a few years? Is the wife looking over my shoulder? It might be sooner..... Did I Say That?
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:27 pm

We didn't own a house, and I didn't drive. So there was nothing 'big' to fight over. And I wasn't going to fret over stuff because I wanted him out of my life that badly. He never held down jobs, anyway, and he wasn't working then, so I willingly paid for our daughter's daycare out of my own pocket.

The breakup was all my own doing. He didn't want it and begged to try, even see a counselor. But, truthfully, I waited too long to make that decision, as there was no way I was staying with him anymore. I didn't want it to work ~ just wanted out. He put us in financial ruin and I lost respect for him. Once the respect is gone, everything is gone.

That's really weird about that woman splitting everything. Think she was doing it out of guilt, to make things easier on him?
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:35 pm

Bluesmama wrote:

That's really weird about that woman splitting everything. Think she was doing it out of guilt, to make things easier on him?

I think she did it out of hate, pure hate. If she took half of everything, then he couldnt complain that she took more than she should of... but she wasnt letting him have more than she did. That just sounds like hate to me. And they have 2 kids that 6 yrs later, the kids cannot wear clothes that mom bought to dad's house, and vice versa. They live in the same school district, and split the kids exactly half the week. These kids have to get on the bus at mom's wearing one outfit, then change in school to dad's clothes and go home to his place on the afternoon bus!!!
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:49 pm

My wife and I walked hand-in-hand to the courthouse to get the divorce papers. You won't understand unless you have been there but we loved each other, just couldn't stay married. "irrconcilable differences" is the catchword.

Anyhow, I helped her pack and rented a truck and drove it to North Florida where she was to stay with her sister until she got a job and a place of her own. I got the computer, she got the little Ford. (I live in Miami Beach, don't need a car. You need one in N. Florida) We wrote and talked on the fone and perplexed her daughter why we were so close. I even visited her and spent the night in her bed. (We were together for 18 years)
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:13 pm

wants2laugh wrote:

I think she did it out of hate, pure hate. If she took half of everything, then he couldnt complain that she took more than she should of... but she wasnt letting him have more than she did. That just sounds like hate to me. And they have 2 kids that 6 yrs later, the kids cannot wear clothes that mom bought to dad's house, and vice versa. They live in the same school district, and split the kids exactly half the week. These kids have to get on the bus at mom's wearing one outfit, then change in school to dad's clothes and go home to his place on the afternoon bus!!!
    I don't know her but that's how it came across to me. Just nastiness. Not leaving anything as much as taking "her share". I've known people like that unfortunately.

And the clothes thing is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

Oh & FTR...it was acrimonious as hell. And apparently he's still the same alcoholic drug addicted violent asshole he always was. So there you go lol Shrugs (Oh well…)
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:15 pm

Never been married.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:18 pm

My wife and I have a long standing agreement. No divorce. One of us will just have an "accident".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:05 am