CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Going green?

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Going green? Empty Going green?

Post by wants2laugh Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:29 am

what do you do for the environment? I know people that jump in the shower, turn off the water, soap up, then rinse off again... constantly turning the water on and off to conserve it.

what do you do?
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Going green? Empty Re: Going green?

Post by Bluesmama Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:43 am

I recycle the water I boiled eggs in by transferring it to the plant can and adding more water. The calcium is GOOD for the plants.

Getting a little better at turning off lights when not in use; thing is, I dart in and out of rooms all day and night, so I'm not convinced that it's effective to constantly switch-on/switch-off.

I recycle paper-products, cans, metals, bottles, magazines, cardboard, and glass.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I can't make myself turn off the faucet while brushing my teeth because I simply cannot handle using cold water.

Though I have and do use re-usable bags, I still opt for plastic ones because I use them for many, many things. They are now banned in Oregon, so I'm collecting all that I can.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:26 am

Recycle and use the reusable shopping bags.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:47 am