CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Nystyle709
AtownPeep
ThePayback
RiteDiva
8 posters

The 'Trey Songz' Discussion Thread

RiteDiva
    RiteDiva
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 8

The 'Trey Songz' Discussion Thread Empty The 'Trey Songz' Discussion Thread

Post by RiteDiva Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:44 am

The 'Trey Songz' Discussion Thread Trey-songz7

He started out a bit sketchy and still is in many ways. But if you can get past his not having much of an image and camouflaging into the group, youl'll see that his material is actually pretty damn good! His album "READY" is perhaps one of the best r&b albums of the past year.
    ThePayback
    ThePayback
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

The 'Trey Songz' Discussion Thread Empty Re: The 'Trey Songz' Discussion Thread

Post by ThePayback Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:07 pm

I'm just in shock that he has any fans at all after he made a fool of himself on the BET awards. He sounded like dying goat that was wailing out to be put out of it's misery. He completely butchered "Purple Rain" with his screaming and was out of tune. I swear after seeing El Debarge perform, am I the only one disturbed at the state of R&B music today? A 40+ year old former drug addict out sang a young 26 year old Trey Songz. The fact that Patti had to come out and show him how to sing PR is even more sad.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:31 am

You just finally figured that out? I saw him live at 2 Day Walk here in Atlanta. He was just okay. Nothing stellar or extraordinary. Decent songs but let's be real: he's only where he is because he has a cute look.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:55 am

He fine though. And "Ready" was a pretty good album. But yeah, he's basically getting by because of his sex appeal.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:50 am

Trey Songz - "Can't Be Friends" [Official Video]

Sounds very "R. Kelly" to me.

Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:23 am

Damn, I hope Trey ain't on them 'roids. Cool video though.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:43 am

Trey Songz....Passion, Pain & Pleasure

Damn, what Trey tryna do? Conquer the R&B game? He beastin' right now. Feeling the new album a lot. It's basically an extension of 'Ready'. But me loves 'Ready' so I ain't complaining. Good job Trey.....you cocky bastard.

RIGHT ON!
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

The 'Trey Songz' Discussion Thread Empty Trey Songz Planning New Album for 2011

Post by Marc™ Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:50 pm

The 'Trey Songz' Discussion Thread 500350-trey_songz_live_q_a_portrait_617_409
    Rachel Been

Even as his latest album, "Passion, Pain & Pleasure," continues to churn out singles -- including the latest, "Love Faces" -- Trey Songz is hatching plans for its successor.

"I want to release an album this year," the Atlanta-based R&B singer tells Billboard.com. "We're starting in the studio now. I'm always thinking about music. I'm in the studio whenever I can be. I'm not pressed or in a rush to make an album right now, but I always have a need to make music."

Trey Songz: The Billboard Cover Story

Songz isn't making any predictions about what kind of direction his fifth studio set will take, however. "No, not right now. I'm feeling very creative, though, so it may be something I've never done before. There's always a certain amount of pressure there, but I like that. With every album, I definitely want to grow my audience as well as myself."

Watch more of Trey Songz' Q&A with Billboard.com

That's certainly been happening with "Passion, Pain & Pleasure," which debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 in September (No. 1 R&B) and has sold 662,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The album also scored a Top 10 hit with "Bottoms Up" as well as an R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart-topper with "Can We Be Friends."

"I think it's definitely been a gradual build to where we are right now," says Songz, whose first album came out in 2005. "I've worked very hard to get where I am...I've been blessed to have a lot of hits within the last two, three years, so I went from being a song you hear on the radio to being an artist you hear on the radio."

Songz, who opened for Usher on his recent OMG Tour, is celebrating the success with a five-date Love Faces Tour that stars Feb. 11 and hits New York City, Washington, D.C., Detroit and Chicago. "We're actually putting a new show together," Songz says. "I want it to be very special for this Valentine's Day holiday. I want women and I want couples...I want everybody to just have an amazing Valentine's Day weekend with me. I'm really excited about it."

After that, Songz heads for Europe with Ne-Yo and Australia with Usher and hopes to make an international footprint before he heads back into the studio.

"We'll be overseas for two months making sure that I'm world-renowned as a great tour act versus just another song," he explains. "I put in a lot of work to be loved and welcomed in arenas and shows in America, so I want the same thing for overseas. I'm just exploring every opportunity, and I definitely will be making (new) music when I come back."

Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:08 pm

Go for it Trey! You haven't disappointed me yet.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:10 pm

Some say he's coming for R.'s title....
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:15 pm

Marc™ wrote:Some say he's coming for R.'s title....

I like Trey and all......but that ain't happening. Granted, R's stuff has been crap lately but he will not be able to surpass pre-2000 R. Kelly. Just won't. Even though he killed this:

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:19 pm

IA. I guess Trey is this generations R. Kelly, the same way Keyshia Cole is this generations Mary J, but there's something about Trey that seems....."kiddie". R. never came off like a sex-you-up fratboy.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:29 pm

Marc™️ wrote:IA. I guess Trey is this generations R. Kelly, the same way Keyshia Cole is this generations Mary J, but there's something about Trey that seems....."kiddie". R. never came off like a sex-you-up fratboy.

Come on now, lol:

Even though he pretty much jacked Aaron Hall's image....Kells still did it better. Wink
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:36 pm

Okay you got me....I forgot all about his early Public Announcement phase and mid-life crisis phases and was just thinking of mid-late 90s.

Still even so, I still think there is something exceedingly "young" about Trey's persona.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:28 pm

Jumping the gun there, aren't you Trey sweetie? PP&P has only been out for five months. He put out albums in 2009, 2010, and another one is coming for 2011. Much as I sometimes like him, I think his albums come too close together; which makes them seem interchangeable.

Far as looks are concerned, I think he began to look more like a man after he cut his hair. Those cornrows he used to rock made him look like a teenager.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:35 am

Nhaiyel wrote:Jumping the gun there, aren't you Trey sweetie? PP&P has only been out for five months. He put out albums in 2009, 2010, and another one is coming for 2011. Much as I sometimes like him, I think his albums come too close together; which makes them seem interchangeable.

Far as looks are concerned, I think he began to look more like a man after he cut his hair. Those cornrows he used to rock made him look like a teenager.

That's when chicks truly went gaga over him, me included. He looked sexier and more mature. I was never into him like that with the braids. I have to admit though, the appeal for me has waned. He still looks good, but eh.............I'm over it now.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:27 pm

New Song: Trey Songz Look At Me Now (Remix)

Moments ago Trey Songz released his own version of Chris Brown’s latest hit single, ‘Look At Me Now (Ft. Busta Rhymes & Lil Wayne)’. In his usual fashion, he applied his oversexed ego to the beat of the track in a way that only an artist who has yet to go platinum can. Give the record below:

“Bitch you know my name”? Judging by his mediocre album sales and the horrible ratings of his BET reality show, I doubt that statement is true. Next.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:55 am

^^^^ I just became disappointed.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:59 am

Nystyle709 wrote:^^^^ I just became disappointed.

Don't tell me you ain't like Lil Treezy!
    Tryin to bust that "almond nut." LMAO!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:39 am

Marc™ wrote:
    Nystyle709 wrote:^^^^ I just became disappointed.

Tryin to bust that "almond nut." The 'Trey Songz' Discussion Thread 954338

I don't know who the fuck told him to do that, or whoever wrote that, but they need to be fired. That was just horrible.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:49 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
    Marc™ wrote:

Tryin to bust that "almond nut." The 'Trey Songz' Discussion Thread 954338

I don't know who the fuck told him to do that, or whoever wrote that, but they need to be fired. That was just horrible.

Gotta luv it when R&B dudes try to be get hard for a minute with a 'rhyme'....
    The original with Chris is a joke too, but at least it got Busta on it.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The 'Trey Songz' Discussion Thread Empty New Song: Trey Songz – ‘Nightmares Of The Bottom’

Post by Chris Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:24 am

Wednesday, September 7th 2011
    New Song: Trey Songz – ‘Nightmares Of The Bottom’

The 'Trey Songz' Discussion Thread Trey+Songz

Recent weeks have seen ‘Neighbors Know My Name‘ performer Trey Songz remix a number of the year’s hottest releases in a bid to generate attention for his upcoming LP ‘Chapter 5‘.

Now get familiar with his take on Lil Wayne’s well loved song ‘Nightmares Of The Bottom‘ (…………), which sees the entertainer flaunt his growingly prevalent Rap skills (or lackthereof).

Listen below…
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:15 pm

Stop rapping Trey. Just stop. It's a dope beat.....would be a nice song if he sang some nice lyrics.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:28 pm

^^Your right, it is a tight beat, I'm feelin it.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:18 am

#Ican't with Trey as a rapper. He embarrasses himself every time. It's like the same cocky personality that compliment him as a singer make him look like a complete dork when he tries to flow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:53 pm