CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Movies that are better than the books they're based on

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Movies that are better than the books they're based on Empty Movies that are better than the books they're based on

Post by Supernova Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:59 am

What's on your list?

Fried Green Tomatoes
    Crazy in Alabama
    The Bat
    Psycho
    Jaws
    Matilda (though in the book it was funny when she hid a parrot in the house and convinced her parents the place was haunted)
    Murder, She Said (based on Agatha Christie's 4:50 to Paddington)
    Carrie
    Misery
    Interview with a Vampire (though there are very few differences there)
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (MUCH better than Who Censored Roger Rabbit?)
    First Blood (Rambo lives, yaaaay!)
    The Nanny (with Bette Davis Movies that are better than the books they're based on 702506 now that's scary)
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Movies that are better than the books they're based on Empty Re: Movies that are better than the books they're based on

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:36 am

Being a fairly tough critic of books, I've really not read any book I didn't like the movie of better simply cause I'm one for the movie format more-so than the book format. I did read Matilda and definitely liked the movie better. The version of Oliver Twist I saw was more enjoyable than the book. The Merchant of Venice movie was a bit more enjoyable than the book.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Movies that are better than the books they're based on Empty Re: Movies that are better than the books they're based on

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:10 am

Supernova wrote:What's on your list?

Fried Green Tomatoes
    Crazy in Alabama
    The Bat
    Psycho
    Jaws
    Matilda (though in the book it was funny when she hid a parrot in the house and convinced her parents the place was haunted)
    Murder, She Said (based on Agatha Christie's 4:50 to Paddington)
    Carrie
    Misery
    Interview with a Vampire (though there are very few differences there)
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (MUCH better than Who Censored Roger Rabbit?)
    First Blood (Rambo lives, yaaaay!)
    The Nanny (with Bette Davis Movies that are better than the books they're based on 702506 now that's scary)

I don't think so. They left A LOT of stuff out that was in the book in the movie. Like most Stephen King novels. Book was better. Honestly, I can't think of any movies that were better than the books. Movies that brought the book to life for the most part and that were decent, yes, but never been than the book.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:39 am

We Were the Mulvaneys was a great movie, but I just can't get into the book.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 12:02 am