CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Okay, I watched.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Okay, I watched. Empty Okay, I watched.

Post by Chris Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Okay, I watched DOOL yesterday and was totally lost. Not knowing any of the characters or having any prior storyline knowledge left me feeling like someone dropped me off on the other side of town and I had to try and find my way back. It was difficult, but I got through it and will try and see if I can make it through the week.

Some of the acting and dialogue I found to be a bit crappy and uninspired.

The two women (I don't know their names yet) arguing at the mall was painful.

Sami (for some reason I knew her; I think it's because she's a notable character and I'm familiar with the actress) trying to convince her son to not work for EJ (whose name she kept on repeating over and over, so by the end of the episode I was well familiar with him) kind of went in circles between her 'I can't believe you're doing this after all he has done to our family.' And the boy was so annoying with his smirking and pompous attitude.

Oddly enough, I know Bo and Hope. Their characters must be that well known in the soap world that even those who don't watch the show would know them from magazine covers, award shows and soap specials. Because I vaguely know their characters, I was mildly interested in what was happening with them trying to get to the bottom of Hope's grandmother's will.

It's always hard to start watching another soap, especially when there wasn't a particular story that lured you to the show. It's like trying to read book assigned to you by your least favorite teacher in high school. But I'll try it again.

Did anyone else watch?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Okay, I watched. Empty Re: Okay, I watched.

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:30 pm

I didn't watch now I don't know if I should watch GH or DOOL what do you think? With some of the actors from OLTL going over to GH is it worth it or just start new and fresh on another show?
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:38 pm

I've been pondering the same thing. Part of me really wants to resist watching GH, because it's on ABC Daytime (and I'm mad at them); plus rumors are circulating that it too be cancelled soon, and because I just flat never had any interest in the show before. But with familiar OLTL characters going over to GH, I can't deny that it might be easier to watch.

Think we should have a forum for it?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:52 pm

Chris wrote:I've been pondering the same thing. Part of me really wants to resist watching GH, because it's on ABC Daytime (and I'm mad at them); plus rumors are circulating that it too be cancelled soon, and because I just flat never had any interest in the show before. But with familiar OLTL characters going over to GH, I can't deny that it might be easier to watch.

Think we should have a forum for it?

Thats it I am pissed off at ABC too but I will not be watching the Revolution so I am doing nothing to help boost their ratings. They are supposed to be coming on GH starting in Feb why don't we do that then, tune in and see if we like it. A forum for it would be good.

I know some GH fans in my family that could probably fill me in on who is who and what is going on.

Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:29 am

I been watching GH for the past year and a half, ever since they announced Brenda's return in 2010, it was a long break for me, last I had seen the show was in 2002/2003 I believe. So I can try and fill you guys in if need be.

Although I am terrible at being caught up, as of right now I'm 2 weeks behind. face palm
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:05 am

I used to try to watch Days often enough to keep up with what was happening but then they were dragging story lines so terribly long. I watch Bold and the Beautiful but do not recommend it at all! I only still watch because it is just about 20 minutes when I ff commercials and I have been watching since I was 18.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:00 am