CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Whatever Happened to Aunt Alice? (1969)

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Whatever Happened to Aunt Alice? (1969) Empty Whatever Happened to Aunt Alice? (1969)

Post by Supernova Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:49 pm

FIRST time shown on TCM last night, we had no idea what it was but we were going across the channels and were just in time to hear Robert Osborne talk about it, so we watched it. Woman kills her rich and lonely housekeepers for their money and buries them on her property, then a new woman (Ruth Gordon) applies for the job, but is actually there trying to find out what happened to one of the previous housekeepers. A very good movie, very chilling, but I think the ending could've been better. Anybody else see this one?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Whatever Happened to Aunt Alice? (1969) Empty Re: Whatever Happened to Aunt Alice? (1969)

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:53 pm

Yes I did and as a matter of fact its on my list of DVD's to buy. Didn't she end up killing Ruth Gordon by clocking her on the head with a phone? I remember also her wig fell off and she was all gray. I think I also remember that whe used to laugh everytime she buried one of the housekeepers. Geraldine Page was scary as Mrs. Maribel. Its dated but it was a good flick.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Whatever Happened to Aunt Alice? (1969) Empty Re: Whatever Happened to Aunt Alice? (1969)

Post by Supernova Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:03 pm

For the most part the answers are yes. Oh she beat Ruth in the head with the phone receiver plenty though, and left her propped up in the wheelchair all night, then dumped her on the floor of the car and drove out posing as the housekeeper, but it turned out she was still alive, and she was able to get out 'I told' before the bitch dumped her and the car in the river and let it sink. I kept hoping it would be like Scream of Fear and she would somehow reappear at the end for a final confrontation.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:30 pm

Supernova wrote:For the most part the answers are yes. Oh she beat Ruth in the head with the phone receiver plenty though, and left her propped up in the wheelchair all night, then dumped her on the floor of the car and drove out posing as the housekeeper, but it turned out she was still alive, and she was able to get out 'I told' before the bitch dumped her and the car in the river and let it sink. I kept hoping it would be like Scream of Fear and she would somehow reappear at the end for a final confrontation.

Right I had forgotten she was still alive. I def want to get this one its a cult classic for sure. There is another one that I want to get when I remember the name I will post it, I wonder if you saw it. I remember its about this woman that runs an orphanage and she is killing off the children for money. Its also dated but I remember seeing it as a kid.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:17 pm