CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

New at the box office today: Haywire, Red Tails, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

New at the box office today: Haywire, Red Tails, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close Empty New at the box office today: Haywire, Red Tails, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

Post by Chris Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:57 am

Are you planning on seeing any of these this weekend?

Friday

NEW IN THEATERS DISTRIBUTOR RELEASE
    Haywire
    Action
    Relativity 2,439
    Red Tails
    Action / Adventure
    Fox 2,512
    Underworld Awakening
    Action Horror
    Sony / Screen Gems 3,078
    EXPANDING
    New at the box office today: Haywire, Red Tails, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close Space
    New at the box office today: Haywire, Red Tails, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close Space

The Artist
    Comedy / Drama
    Weinstein Company 662
    Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close
    Drama
    Warner Bros. 2,630
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

New at the box office today: Haywire, Red Tails, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close Empty Re: New at the box office today: Haywire, Red Tails, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

Post by Shale Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:46 am

This is going to be a busy movie weekend for me with 4 movies I want to see and only 3 days off. If it were summer I would try to fit two in one day, but there are no early matinees, so the second movie would let out after dark - not a good ride home on a bicycle.

So, in order of how I MAY see them:

Fri - Underworld Awakening

Sat - Red Tails

Sun - Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

Or the fourth choice, A Dangerous Method, about early psychiatry with Carl Jung (Michael Fassbender) attempting to cure unbalanced Sabina Spilrein (Keira Knightley) with the help of Sigmund Freud (Viggo Mortensen). Drama based on true characters & events.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

New at the box office today: Haywire, Red Tails, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close Empty Re: New at the box office today: Haywire, Red Tails, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:24 am

I wanna see Extremely Loud... eventually. Although since it's not an action flick, I'll likely just wait for the DVD release. I reserve the big screen for visually impressive movies.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

New at the box office today: Haywire, Red Tails, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close Empty 3 Trainwrecks & a No Show

Post by Shale Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:01 pm

Well, just got the paper and all these movies got bad marks

Except Underworld Awakening, because it did not pre-screen for reviewers (always a bad sign)

Red Tails was headlined as "Dogfights good, the rest's a dog." Not enuf depth into the characters was why it was given 2 stars out of 4.

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close was roundly panned by Rene Rodriguez of The Miami Herald for being too soon after 9-11 and pandering to that tragedy to make a movie. The kid (Thomas Horn) got good mention for his portrayal but not enuf to save the movie in which Bullock and Hanks were accused of resting on their laurels. It got 1 star.

A Dangerous Method, also got 1 star from Rodriguez for being well researched but too boring portrayal of the dynamics going on. Headline "A mind is a terrible thing to bore."

However, I plan to go to the Cinema today and see the movie that dared not show to critics.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:48 am