CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Somewhere in Time 1980

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Somewhere in Time 1980 Empty Somewhere in Time 1980

Post by wants2laugh Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:53 am

I have been watching this movie since I was a kid. All of my sisters and mom love it, and everytime it comes on, we have to call each other and tell one another. Christopher Reeves and Jany Seymour are perfect in these roles... a time travel love story taking place in both the present and 1912... awesome story.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Somewhere in Time 1980 Empty Re: Somewhere in Time 1980

Post by CeCe Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:15 pm

I think my daughter has this movie. If it has kind of a romance novel like cover...
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:20 pm

I have seen it a number of times, I like it a lot!
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:59 am

There is another great time travel love story called The Love Letter with campbell scott and jennifer jason leigh--- also awesome!
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:56 am

Have you seen The Time Traveler's Wife - also a love story.

Hmm seems that most time travel movies involve love stories, even the violent Time Line and DejaVu. And while not an actual time travel movie Forever Young was a love story (when Mel Gibson was young and not known as such a jerk).
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:04 pm

Have you ever seen "The Two Worlds Of Jenny Logan" with Lindsay Wagner? Its an old movie and I caught it one day and really liked it. Its about a woman that finds an old dress in her attic and every time she puts it on, she is transported back in time where she meets and falls in love with someone in the past.

Somewhere in Time 1980 51VQy7A-60L._SL500_AA300_

This is a very underrated movie. As one who does a bit of re-enacting, the idea of time-traveling is an exciting thought. Of course, we all know that travel through time is impossible, at least in the way that the movies portray it. But re-enacting does give one the opportunity to experience the closest thing we have to time-traveling, and yet remain in the modern world as well.
    That's kind of like The Two Worlds of Jennie Logan. She can come and go through time as she pleases, and once she figures this out, she uses this ability to find the kind of life she's been longing for, including true love. (Many of the other reviews here have already given the synopsis of the story).
    A chick flick? Yeah...it is. But, it seems most guy flicks do not deal with this subject with the reverence that the chick flicks do, although there are excellent examples of what can be done to please both sexes when they put their mind to it, such as The Final Countdown (guy orientd, but my wife and my mother both love this movie), Frequency (not really time travel, per se, but still in that catagory), and Kate & Leopold (a movie for everyone!). The Two Worlds of Jennie Logan is closer to Somewhere In Time and The Love Letter when it comes to time-travel movies. There's a realistic quality to Jennie's reaction when she finds herself, at first unknowingly, transported to the past. We all feel her confusion and fright at her experience. But then, once she has realized what was happening and what she was able to do, she takes baby steps in her exploration of her portal to another time, pandora's box now opened.
    The movie plays out with a realistic tone, and the ending leaves the viewer without a sense of loss. Actually, the ending to this movie is perfect.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:59 pm