CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Nystyle709
Suzi
wants2laugh
Forgiveness Man
CeCe
Chris
10 posters

GOP State Senator says it's nearly impossible to get AIDS through straight sex

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

News GOP State Senator says it's nearly impossible to get AIDS through straight sex

Post by Chris Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:58 am

http://www.examiner.com/liberal-in-orlando/gop-state-senator-says-it-s-nearly-impossible-to-get-aids-through-straight-sex

January 27, 2012
    GOP State Senator says it's nearly impossible to get AIDS through straight sex
    Robert Sobel
    Orlando Liberal Examiner

GOP State Senator says it's nearly impossible to get AIDS through straight sex D9103614e4855a8ff78ce9d734a3ff02
    State Sen. Stacey Campfield

Over the last few years, the Republican party has given the American public some wild headlines. Conservatives in general have pulled the Republican party so far to the right that the center of the political spectrum might be impossible to get back to. The idea of the GOP being pulled to the right isn't just happening on the national level, but the state level as well. A Republican state senator in Tennessee, Stacey Campfield, has given Americans another wild and crazy idea when he decided to go on a radio show with openly gay host, Michelangelo Signorile.

Stacey Campfield - “Most people realize that AIDS came from the homosexual community...It was one guy screwing a monkey, if I recall correctly, and then having sex with men.....My understanding is that it is virtually, not completely, but virtually impossible to contract AIDS through heterosexual sex.”

It's important to note that "one guy screwing a monkey" isn't totally accurate as Campfield has suggested. What is accepted throughout the scientific community is that HIV is an offshoot of SIV, Simian Immunodeficiency Virus, which is most commonly found in chimpanzees. Now the most commonly accepted theory of how humans received the virus is called the 'hunter' theory. According to avert.org, the 'hunter' theory is when chimps were killed and then eaten transporting the virus to the humans eating them. SIV would then mix itself with the new human host, leaving us with HIV. There are many forms of HIV, with the majority leading back to this theory.

The idea that man "screwed a monkey" and brought AIDS to the United States is nothing short of ignorant. AIDS can be transferred through sex and blood transfusion and what Campfield is saying just echoes the ignorance of 1980s. In the 80s, the majority of Americans lacked knowledge about AIDS and when people don't know about something they become scared of it. President Ronald Reagan was so ignorant when it came to AIDS that he didn't even mention the word until the end of his presidency. AIDS is scary enough that we don't need people like Stacey Campfield trying to put more fear into people.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

News Re: GOP State Senator says it's nearly impossible to get AIDS through straight sex

Post by CeCe Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:04 am

This guy is one of the biggest misinformed moronic bigoted idiots I've seen in a while. And that's saying something. Voters need to smarten up about who they're putting into office.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

News Re: GOP State Senator says it's nearly impossible to get AIDS through straight sex

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:16 am

Orlando Liberal Examiner? Ah yes, totally fair and unbiased. FORGIVENESS MAN

I'd have taken it further and downed on all promiscuous people. Razz Not that I care what some state senator says. Pulease. If I harped on everything some stupid liberal state senator said, I'd never have time for anything else.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:42 am

It has nothing to do with being "fair and unbiased". He was quoted (which is fair and unbiased, btw) & he's spreading false information. If not for the seriousness of it this could pass for a SNL sketch. It never fails to amaze me how many people still believe this bullshit.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:43 pm

TN Senator Stacey Campfield Reportedly Thrown Out of Restaurant Over His Anti-Gay Remarks: VIDEO

GOP State Senator says it's nearly impossible to get AIDS through straight sex 6a00d8341c730253ef016300635bbb970d-800wi

Knoxville, Tennessee restaurant Bistro at the Bijou is receiving boatloads of support on Facebook after reports began surfacing that it refused service to state Senator Stacey Campfield out and asked him to leave.

Campfield is also getting blowback from local news outlets in Tennessee over his remarks. Watch him defend them in a WBIR interview, AFTER THE JUMP...

CampfieldCampfield, who has been in the news again recently because he's still trying to push his heinous homophobic "don't say gay" bill in Tennessee, gave an interview last week to Michelangelo Signorile in which he asserted that bullying of gay kids "is a lark", compared homosexuality to sex with animals, asserted that homosexuality is "glorified" in the media, and that it's "virtually impossible" for heterosexuals to contract AIDS.

Some of the responses on Facebook to the alleged restaurant incident:

Brooke Scurlock
    From Nashville- thank you for your stand against bigotry and discrimination! Will be sure to eat at your place when in Knoxville and spread the word to friends and family! Thank you!

Patrick Ernspiker
    This restaurant is the hero of the day, word gets around quickly. I just heard about it in Nashville. We will definitely patronize this wonderful establishment.

Jeff Doughty
    Just heard a rumor that yall asked th village idiot to leave!! If its true, THANK YOU!!

Kelly Schaal
    If you did indeed kick Mr. Campfield out of your establishment...I applaud you!! That clown is an embarrassment to our state and an embarrassment to the residents that actually aren't small minded bigots, living in a 1950's mentality. I cannot wait for this joke of a "representative" to be replaced. He has done absolutely NOTHING for the people of Tennessee. These old school bigots will soon become the minority. I guess those of you that actually agree with his politics, should enjoy it while it lasts! He WILL be replaced very soon. I've always enjoyed The Bistro and now I'll enjoy it even more.

I haven't been able to find a full, proper account of what went down at the Bistro, and Facebook responders are also asking for one, so, hopefully we'll hear something official soon.

There's also a petition online to fire Campfield and a Facebook page to recall him.

Read more: http://www.towleroad.com/2012/01/campfieldbistro.html#ixzz1kxIHVHo4

The "Don't Say Gay" senator is doing a little backtracking now. This is the same guy who was quoted as saying,
    "Most people realize that AIDS came from the homosexual community -- it was one guy screwing a monkey, if I recall correctly, and then having sex with men. It was an airline pilot, if I recall."

"My understanding is that it is virtually -- not completely, but virtually -- impossible to contract AIDS through heterosexual sex...very rarely [transmitted]."

"What's the average lifespan of a homosexual? it's very short. Google it yourself."

His "regular people" comment about halfway through the video is very telling. Bigot.

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:58 pm

It's wonderful to know that the majority of people understand AIDS and its tranmission, if not the origins. The hunter's theory is one accepted origin, another relates to a polio vaccination in which chimp kidney were used. Also, they were sharing needles to give smallpox vaccines in africa--- this kept costs down. More and more research is being conducted, and some researchers believe that HIV/AIDS could have sprouted its head between 18?? - 1924.... with the first sample available in about 1959.

The idea that an elected official is running around basically labeling it a homosexual disease and diminishing its origins to bestiality is just plain scary. Bet this is one of those guys that was voting to change the history text books! frustrated
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:58 pm

Of course he totally discounts the millions of straight people dying of Aids in Africa.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:57 pm

Can't do anything but LOL.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:00 pm

Suzi wrote:Of course he totally discounts the millions of straight people dying of Aids in Africa.

You mean all those people in Africa, India, and Russia who are dying of AIDS AREN'T all gay??? embarassed
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:07 pm

wants2laugh wrote:

You mean all those people in Africa, India, and Russia who are dying of AIDS AREN'T all gay??? embarassed

They're not "regular People" so they don't count smug
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:10 pm

CeCe wrote: They're not "regular People" so they don't count smug
    ROFLMAO!
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:14 pm

Wow! It's simply unbelievable that anyone would vote these fools into office.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:34 pm

tmontyb wrote:Wow! It's simply unbelievable that anyone would vote these fools into office.
    Well, it is Tennessee. blank stare @ you

I wonder what planet this guy has been on? I am an AIDS instructor and really get tired of doing the required 2-hour course at our agency. I always open my class with "If you were on this planet in the past 3 decades you should know about AIDS." Guess this guy would FAIL!
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:01 pm

There's no need for me to comment on this as there is nothing I could contribute that hasn't already been said. But I will say in reading all of your responses that the comments here made me LOL (all for different reasons). This is one of those rare threads that is both funny and sad at the same time!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:19 pm

Me thinks he doth protest too much. Let's start a countdown for when he's caught with a prostitute. A male prostitute.

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:10 pm