CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Shale
zthatzmanz28
Suzi
Bluesmama
8 posters

Your Computer Location

Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Your Computer Location Empty Your Computer Location

Post by Bluesmama Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 am

Where in your house does your computer sit? And if you own a laptop, where in your house do you usually use it?

Mine's in the "computer room", which I share with my husband's. We each have our workstations in there and we sit back-to-back. He also has a laptop but very rarely uses it in the house.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Your Computer Location Empty Re: Your Computer Location

Post by Suzi Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:34 am

We use what was once a bedroom as our "computer room", have a large desk with conference table and 3 computers set up , his, mine and ours. No laptop yet.
    zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

Post by zthatzmanz28 Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:04 am

IN our 3 bedroom house, we use two of the rooms as his and hers offices. Now we have laptops in the living room on secretary desks. The PCs are used for other duties. One is used for the Magic Jack phone and the other is now connected to the 42 inch plasma to stream movies as we wean ourselves from cable TV service.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:37 am

I only have one room. My computer is at one end and I can be online and watch TV at the same time. Very convenient living in one room.

Your Computer Location Shale_Rm_whole_web~1

I own a laptop that sits in the closet unused. I keep it for a backup in case my tower is in the shop.

Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:19 am

My laptop is in my bedroom. I almost always use it when I'm perched on top of my bed.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:40 am

My wife bought me my own PC for Xmas. It resides on a small desk ubder the window in our bedroom. Our other computer is on a larger desk in the living room.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Bluesmama Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:39 pm

Suzi wrote:We use what was once a bedroom as our "computer room", have a large desk with conference table and 3 computers set up , his, mine and ours. No laptop yet.

Good Heavens, have you been living in my house??? Our computer room is(was) also a bedroom, and with three computers in it (two are the husband's).
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Bluesmama Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Shale wrote:I only have one room. My computer is at one end and I can be online and watch TV at the same time. Very convenient living in one room.

Your Computer Location Shale_Rm_whole_web~1

I own a laptop that sits in the closet unused. I keep it for a backup in case my tower is in the shop.

Do you live in a studio apartment?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:49 pm

Bluesmama wrote:Do you live in a studio apartment?
    It is called an efficiency here but I suppose studio is what it is. They are quite common here on Miami Beach and I even had a condo same size & layout.

Here is the rest of the apt.

http://normalroom.com/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid=670
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Bluesmama Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:46 pm

[quote="Shale"]
    It is called an efficiency here but I suppose studio is what it is. They are quite common here on Miami Beach and I even had a condo same size & layout.

Here is the rest of the apt.

http://normalroom.com/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid=670[/quote]

I see that you've had to make good use of wall space. Mine's not a studio/efficiency but it is a small house, and my walls are covered with something. The only thing in yours that makes me cringe a little bit is your, uh. . . micro-kitchen. But I know you're not into mega-cooking, which means you don't need much storage, so I'm sure it works well for you.

One thing caught my eye, though. Is that a wall-picture of you and your wife by the computer station?

Thanks for the photos.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:11 pm

Good Heavens, have you been living in my house??? Our computer room is(was) also a bedroom, and with three computers in it (two are the husband's).
    Our Mobile home in a senior park, was a 2 bedroom front and back with no hallways to take up space. The previous owners had a large addition added so we have a large mudroom and an extra room for company for his exercise equipment and the cats table under a window so she can watch the birds and critters as they go by. So we have the computers in the front bedroom, and he sits nearest the windows and I have my corner a few feet from his. In the middle is the 3rd , I can use it for phone calls, and still have my computer running. He uses the 3rd old computer for storing his stories etc. It is kind of a back up as well because we also store our internet sites on it.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:38 pm

Bluesmama wrote: ... The only thing in yours that makes me cringe a little bit is your, uh. . . micro-kitchen. But I know you're not into mega-cooking, which means you don't need much storage, so I'm sure it works well for you...
    Love my little kitchen. It is sooo convenient. When I broke my leg and had a cast my friend invited me to come stay at his house. I declined mostly because of his HUGE kitchen, one with a work counter in the middle with walkways all around it. I would need the crutches to get from the fridge to the stove to the sink.

In my kitchen I left the crutches against the wall and held myself up on the counter, from where I could reach the stove, sink and fridge without moving.
    Bluesmama wrote: One thing caught my eye, though. Is that a wall-picture of you and your wife by the computer station? ...
    That pic has been in my house since it was taken in 1984. It is one of my favorite, when Brenda still had natural hair (Yeah, I survived gerry curls). That was before our nude beach so you can see that I actually am a 'white boy.'
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7015/6482653899_4bcd42937a_z.jpg
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Bluesmama Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:32 pm

Shale wrote:
    Love my little kitchen. It is sooo convenient. When I broke my leg and had a cast my friend invited me to come stay at his house. I declined mostly because of his HUGE kitchen, one with a work counter in the middle with walkways all around it. I would need the crutches to get from the fridge to the stove to the sink.

In my kitchen I left the crutches against the wall and held myself up on the counter, from where I could reach the stove, sink and fridge without moving.

That pic has been in my house since it was taken in 1984. It is one of my favorite, when Brenda still had natural hair (Yeah, I survived gerry curls). That was before our nude beach so you can see that I actually am a 'white boy.'
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7015/6482653899_4bcd42937a_z.jpg

Love it. You haven't changed much in 28 years.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:50 am

Nystyle709 wrote:My laptop is in my bedroom. I almost always use it when I'm perched on top of my bed.

Same here
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:18 pm

In my bedroom, right next to my bed.

Sponsored content