CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+17
Bluesmama
RobbieFTW
captainbryce
Jason B.
Supernova
FireIce918
Chris
Nystyle709
Shale
CeCe
CatEyes10736
Alan Smithee
tmontyb
Hyacinth Girl
Suzi
AtownPeep
RedBedroom
21 posters

Whitney Houston has passed away

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Whitney Houston has passed away - Page 2 Empty Re: Whitney Houston has passed away

Post by Supernova Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:47 am

My mother was asking earlier what the odds are that her daughter's going to die too and they're going to have to bury them together?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Whitney Houston has passed away - Page 2 Empty Re: Whitney Houston has passed away

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:46 am

Bluesmama wrote:

And I have to question how much of her addiction was really "all" Bobby's persuasion? Probably not as much as people want to believe. I always had this strong feeling that there was a "side" to Whitney that was not right, even before she got married. I think they were both so very co-dependent. And I have no doubt that they loved each other very, but it was a very unhealthy love. I don't understand this sort of thing. But I mourned the loss of Whitney a long time ago.

It wasn't. And be warned...Nystyle is going on a rant:

I'm the type of person who hates to hear about death. Especially premature death. Whitney had her issues, but I will mourn her loss just like I did Aaliyah, MJ, Amy Winehouse Heavy D and others because I enjoyed the music. And as I'm reading the news and the blogs, it really boils my potato watching other people blaming Bobby Brown for her death and her demise. What people don't know that is that those two were really JUST alike. I think Whitney fell in love with him because she could be herself around him. That's why they stayed together so long. An old friend of my mother's grew up with Whitney in East Orange. The Wendy Williams interview, the MAD TV sketches, the Bobby Brown reality show....THAT'S the true Whitney. She really was hood. And people just can't fathom it because she was America's sweetheart, but Clive Davis really just dressed her up for white America (like they do most black artists) and she was able to crossover. And reading people's comments and them raking him over hot coals like he isn't supposed to grieve for her is sickening. Like it's his fault that she used cocaine. I've read where he was called a 'murderer'. I mean, really? Instead of thinking about her daughter and her mother and how her family is prob. going off the deep end right now, all I see people focused on is her relationship with Bobby Brown. Yeah, he wasn't a saint....but Whitney was also SIX years older than him. She was full adult who made her own decisions. And its been said she was experimenting long before she met Bobby (which I believe). And even if she hadn't met him, there isn't any guarantee that she wouldn't have abused drugs anyway. She was in an industry that is notorious for drug use and where it's practically the norm. Elvis abused drugs. MJ did it, Amy Winehouse did it, Janis Joplin did it, Jimi Hendrix did it, James Belushi did it, Freddie Prinze did it.....nobody blames anyone but those individuals for their habits so why are you going to blame Bobby for Whitney's? What is also sickening is how people feel that it was expected that she would pass and automatically assume it was a drug overdose. She could've died from something else. You shouldn't "expect" death from a 48 yr old. I don't give a damn if they are on drugs. I've known people who have been drug addicts for years and they're still kicking. It depends on the person. In any case, it's just a tragic situation. RIP Whitney. Amazing voice. Amazing.

Last edited by Nystyle709 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:51 am

Yeah, it could be something else, but I'll tell you it'll be the damnedest coincidence in the world if she just happened to have an aneurysm in the tub of her room at the hotel where they were holding the pre-Grammys party that night where she was supposed to be performing. I didn't think she'd die this young but I'd be lying if I said I don't think she just overdosed on something.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:55 am

Supernova wrote:My mother was asking earlier what the odds are that her daughter's going to die too and they're going to have to bury them together?

I think your mother needs to have her head examined, with all due respect. That girl just lost her mother. She's distraught. You're really going to put that in the air about a young girl dying because she's overcome with grief? What would make someone even fathom that? *shaking my head*
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:58 am

Nystyle709 wrote:

I think your mother needs to have her head examined, with all due respect. That girl just lost her mother. She's distraught. You're really going to put that in the air about a young girl dying because she's overcome with grief? What would make someone even fathom that? *shaking my head*

Because several years ago she knew a mother and daughter who were very close together and when the mother died unexpectedly, for whatever reason, the daughter literally dropped dead during her mother's funeral. That's haunted her for many years and she's come to expect it any time she hears of a mother dying whose daughter was close to her.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:26 am

Truly sad, I'm still in shock.

RIP Whitney!!
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:59 am

[quote="Nystyle709"] Only God knows what all those years of drugs did to her body. She could have died from a number of things that could have gone wrong inside from all the abuse. It could have been her heart, stroke, anything.

We had a local blues musician in Portland who weighed almost 450 lbs, and he had diabetes and battled liver problems. He died young, and from something that was totally off the radar ~ a rare form of leukemia that had NOTHING to do with his obestiy, or his condition, and it took his life 3 days after it was diagnosed.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:04 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
    but Clive Davis really just dressed her up for white America (like they do most black artists). [/b]

Wow---sorry, that's all I saw in that dissertation. You'd think that in this day and age, that racial stereotyping and/or prejudices should be a thing of the past, but it's alive and well, and lurking in the hearts of many.

It'll probably never end, either, despite all the progress that's been made as far as "embracing diversity" and accepting others how they are.

That said, I think the most important underlying theme here is that each one of us is in control of our own destiny. It doesn't matter what color your skin is--if you make bad choices, you live with the ramifications of those, hopefully learn from them and move on to a better place.

I'm not blaming Bobby Brown entirely for Whitney's fall from grace, though he certainly did influence that and the rest was her own self, letting it get to that point. But perhaps most disturbing to me is that with the powerful and influential line of performers that Whitney came from, her own mother, to Dionne Warwick and Aretha Franklin, with the resources her family surely had access to (money talks, you know. . . ), not one of them stepped in and took control, did an intervention with her??

Shame on everyone involved, no matter what their skin color is.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:12 am

Is the second page of this thread showing up for anyone? I just get a "return to index" link on a blank page.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by Jason B. Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:34 am

CeCe wrote:Is the second page of this thread showing up for anyone? I just get a "return to index" link on a blank page.

I was having that problem earlier, but it's working fine for me now.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:41 am

My mother heard on the radio today the cops leaked saying when they found her in the bathtub, they didn't find illegal drugs but they found prescription bottles all over the bathroom. Is anybody else hearing this?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:54 am

RIP Whitney.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:57 am

Hyacinth Girl wrote:

Wow---sorry, that's all I saw in that dissertation. You'd think that in this day and age, that racial stereotyping and/or prejudices should be a thing of the past, but it's alive and well, and lurking in the hearts of many.

LOL, what racial "stereotypying"? I didn't stereotype anything.....that's exactly what happened and that's exactly what happens when most black artists crossover. Dispute it, if you can. Perhaps you harbor your own prejudices if you genuinely ascertained I was "stereotyping" in my post. Look up the definition if stereotype. I did no such thing. Did the words "white America" offend you? LOL.

It'll probably never end, either, despite all the progress that's been made as far as "embracing diversity" and accepting others how they are.

LOL, you obviously have a guilty conscience for you to try and nitpick and find something that didn't even OCCUR in my post.

That said, I think the most important underlying theme here is that each one of us is in control of our own destiny. It doesn't matter what color your skin is--if you make bad choices, you live with the ramifications of those, hopefully learn from them and move on to a better place.

I'm not blaming Bobby Brown entirely for Whitney's fall from grace, though he certainly did influence that and the rest was her own self,

LOL, he influenced what? She was experimenting before she got with him.

And why would you blame him AT. ALL? Everyobe who has abused drugs had been influenced in some way or another. The person who sold someone their first crack rock, you're going to blame the dealer for their crack habit? All those other people I've mentioned, who do you blame for THEIR drug habits? Please.

letting it get to that point. But perhaps most disturbing to me is that with the powerful and influential line of performers that Whitney came from, her own mother, to Dionne Warwick and Aretha Franklin, with the resources her family surely had access to (money talks, you know. . . ), not one of them stepped in and took control, did an intervention with her??

Families try to intervene all the time....that doesn't mean it works. If you have an addictive personality....like she did...al the intervention in the world is not going to work unless SHE wants.

Shame on everyone involved, no matter what their skin color is.

LOL. Nobody even said anything about skin color.

Last edited by Nystyle709 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:02 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote: ... You'd think that in this day and age, that racial stereotyping and/or prejudices should be a thing of the past, but it's alive and well, and lurking in the hearts of many.

Yeah, that has always annoyed me about black audiences thinking they somehow own a great performer just because they come from black culture. MJ had that same problem from time to time with his crossover stuff and the fact that black audiences actually boo'd Whitney for going 'mainstream' is disgusting.

I am white. I am in love Whitney Houston's voice. "I Will Always Love You" is a country song by a white country singer. The fact that Whitney owns that song now does not bother me. I just can't believe that anyone would be critical of her singing just because it did not fit some black identity.

Last night I watched The Bodyguard. Loved that movie too, perhaps especially because it transcended race with Costner's & Houston's characters falling in love like it was natural or something. But, maybe that's just me - knowing a white boy can fall for a pretty black woman. Or that she may be singing to me, not just the black folks.

Whitney Houston has passed away - Page 2 Bodyguardx-large

Last edited by Shale on Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:08 pm

Shale wrote:
    Yeah, that has always annoyed me about black audiences thinking they somehow own a great performer just because they come from black culture. MJ had that same problem from time to time with his crossover stuff and the fact that black audiences actually boo'd Whitney for going 'mainstream' is disgusting.

I am white. I am in love Whitney Houston's voice. "I Will Always Love You" is a country song by a white country singer. The fact that Whitney owns that song now does not bother me. I just can't believe that anyone would be critical of her singing just because it did not fit some black identity.

Last night I watched The Bodyguard. Loved that movie too, perhaps especially because it transcended race with Costner's & Houston's characters falling in love like it was natural or something. But, maybe that's just me - knowing a white boy can fall for a pretty black woman. Or that she may be singing to me, not just the black folks.

Black audiences didn't care that Whitney's music crossed to mainstream pop audiences. The problem some had with her is that while she was being created to cross over, Clive and Arista would often snub Black media while pandering her to White audiences. They played favorites and made it very obvious who they thought the more important or desirable demographic was. THAT mentality made her look like a sellout, not so much the music. As vanilla as most of her early songs were, they were all played on black radio and she always had a big Black following.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:14 pm

Marc™ wrote:Black audiences didn't care that Whitney crossed to mainstream pop audiences. The problem some had with her is that while she was created to cross over, Clive and Arista would often snub Black media while pandering her to White audiences. THAT mentality made her look like a sellout, not so much the music. As vanilla as most of her early songs were, they were all played on black radio and she always had a big Black following.

Thank you Marc. Most people don't realize that.....and really don't want to. My statement about " white America" wasn't meant to he taken as a slight to her popularity among white fans. White America is a literal statement and that's exactly who she crossed over to. You don't sell 170 million albums by having a majority black audience. This wasn't even the issue in my rant. I'm pissed at how they are blaming someone else for her troubles. People need to get off the Kumbaya shit. You only make it a race issue when you have a guilty conscience about it. LOL.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by Jason B. Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:33 pm

Clive Davis was real meticulous and bent when it came to tailoring early Whitney to a pop audience. I've heard stories that it took 2 years to record her first album because they wanted to find songs that were appealing to pop fans and how Whitney would have to do multiple takes of songs because she would naturally go "too gospel" with her singing style and had to be reigned in. On her E! True Hollywood story they said that Whitney's original recording of "Saving All My Love For You" featured her going into "Aretha"-mode and blowing the roof off the joint and when Clive heard it he immediately rejected it and said that "white America would not accept that" and had her rerecord it.

Personally I think Whitney's 1985 debut album was a perfect blend of Pop and R&B for white & black audiences to equally enjoy and all her songs from that album were #1 singles on both charts. It was her 1987 followup "Whitney" that went too pop and unlike her debut, none of her singles on that one were #1's on the R&B charts. That's when the "Oreo" backlash started and to make up for it they allowed Whitney to be more "black" with her "I'm Your Baby Tonight" album. For the rest of her career she was allowed to be more "herself" musically.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Hyacinth Girl Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:45 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

LOL, what racial "stereotypying"? I didn't stereotype anything.....that's exactly what happened and that's exactly what happens when most black artists crossover. Dispute it, if you can. Perhaps you harbor your own prejudices if you genuinely ascertained I was "stereotyping" in my post. Look up the definition if stereotype. I did no such thing. Did the words "white America" offend you? LOL.

Nope, "White America" didn't offend me--but I'll be it would've been jumped all over if I, being a white chick, had said that. Prejudices on my part? Not really in my opinion--I could care less what color a person's skin is, or whatever their "it" is. My issue comes with the double standard that exists in the world and all the whiny-ness that goes along with it. Take for example "BET" on TV--"Black Entertainment Television." No one has an issue with that, but they sure as shit would if there were a "WET"---"White Entertainment Television."

Yes, the white folk made some stupid mistakes in the past with the whole slavery-to segregation thing, and it still exists to this day in some areas where the KKK is present, but for the most part, we've realized the error and fixed it. There's really no excuse in modern times, to stereotype any group, or for that group to use their whatever-it-is, as a crutch. My issue concerns choice and personal accountability.

It doesn't matter if you're black, white, Latino, etc.--you can choose to grovel in the 'hood with all the crack dealers, criminals and everything else that will lead you to the downward spiral, or you can choose to rise above all that--go to school and make an effort to learn, use the resources available in this world to get past whatever is holding you back from getting to where you want to be in life.

Nystyle709 wrote:

LOL, you obviously have a guilty conscience for you to try and nitpick and find something that didn't even OCCUR in my post.

Nope again.

Nystyle709 wrote:

And why would you blame him AT. ALL? Everyobe who has abused drugs had been influenced in some way or another. The person who sold someone their first crack rock, you're going to blame the dealer for their crack habit? All those other people I've mentioned, who do you blame for THEIR drug habits? Please.

And that's why I said "influenced" instead of put the outright blame on him--even if it was a strong influence, there were still plenty of other factors and people involved, but the crux of it is, is that at some point in your life, you have to man up and take responsibility for yourself. Which leads us to:

Nystyle709 wrote:

Families try to intervene all the time....that doesn't mean it works. If you have an addictive personality....like she did...al the intervention in the world is not going to work unless SHE wants.

Yes, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink--you have to want to change yourself bad enough to do a total reset sometimes, and that's what Whitney needed--a total reset. Get everyone out of her life that wasn't a positive influence, and surround herself with those who would have been. It's very sad that she ended up the way she did, but if she'd asked herself more often "What kind of legacy am I leaving for my daughter?" then maybe things could've turned out better for her. The intervention she needed, was one of physical removal from her life and all that was bad in it--put her somewhere where she can dry out and get a grip, even if it's against her will; she can choose to go back to that lifestyle after she's had a dose of reality, and that's where her family comes into play--they certainly had enough resources at their disposal to just go in and try a hard fix. Bobby Brown? "To love, honor and cherish." <---what part of that wedding vow makes it ok for a husband to sit back and watch while his wife spirals out of control?

Nystyle709 wrote:

LOL. Nobody even said anything about skin color.

Um, "White America" certainly falls under that classification.

Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Hyacinth Girl Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:33 pm

Shale wrote:

co-signs
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:01 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:

Nope, "White America" didn't offend me--but I'll be it would've been jumped all over if I, being a white chick, had said that.
    Prejudices on my part? Not really in my opinion--I could care less what color a person's skin is, or whatever their "it" is. My issue comes with the double standard that exists in the world and all the whiny-ness that goes along with it. Take for example "BET" on TV--"Black Entertainment Television." No one has an issue with that, but they sure as shit would if there were a "WET"---"White Entertainment Television."

Every other channel is White Entertainment Television. LOL, but I'm not even going to go there with you though. It's obvious you're the type that likes to turn everything around and try to make it seem like white people are the victims of such blatant discrimination. You call it "whiny-ness"? So typical. That little "double standard" you thought you saw had NOTHING to do with what I was ranting about. YOU are the one who chose to bring up race, therefore you obviously have underlying issues if you really thought that's what my post alluded to. The term "White America" is a factual statement. Nobody would've been offended (like you claim) if you were the one who said it. She crossed over into the masses that was considered "White America". And that's something that you CANNOT dispute. It's the same thing when white artists crossover into "Black America". Only it doesn't get talked about as much because black people aren't the majority.

Yes, the white folk made some stupid mistakes in the past with the whole slavery-to segregation thing, and it still exists to this day in some areas where the KKK is present,

What the hell does this have to do with anything?

but for the most part, we've realized the error and fixed it.

Whitney Houston has passed away - Page 2 954338

Thank you for my laugh for the day. Who is "we"? Which one of the Great White Hopes has "fixed" racism?
    Whitney Houston has passed away - Page 2 954338

There's really no excuse in modern times, to stereotype any group, or for that group to use their whatever-it-is, as a crutch.

LOL. This is the definition of stereotype dear:

: to make a stereotype from

a : to repeat without variation : make hackneyed b : to develop a mental stereotype about

Now point to me where I stereotyped ANYBODY in my post? You singled out my statement about her being dressed up for white America....where is the stereotype in that? Where did I stereotype white Americans? What did I say TO stereotype white Americans? LOL. Yeah, you do have guilty conscience.

My issue concerns choice and personal accountability.

No, you're issue concerns race because you are the one who singled out that particular statement. By your own admission, you said that that's all you saw in my post when 99% of my post was talking about how people needed to stop blaming him for her actions. How she needs to be held accountable. So if you actually took a minute to think, I'm actually agreeing with you. And I think you only responded to it because you're one of the many who thinks that nigga Bobby Brown is the one who brought Whitney down....whether you want to admit it or not. And it struck a nerve.

It doesn't matter if you're black, white, Latino, etc.--you can choose to grovel in the 'hood with all the crack dealers, criminals and everything else that will lead you to the downward spiral, or you can choose to rise above all that--go to school and make an effort to learn, use the resources available in this world to get past whatever is holding you back from getting to where you want to be in life.

LOL, only crack dealers, criminals and everything else is in the 'hood, eh? What's the 'hood? What do you think of when you hear the word 'hood? LOL. Keep shooting yourself in the foot.

Nope again.

No you did. But it's okay. You didn't understand.

And that's why I said "influenced" instead of put the outright blame on him--even if it was a strong influence, there were still plenty of other factors and people involved, but the crux of it is, is that at some point in your life, you have to man up and take responsibility for yourself. Which leads us to:

How can he "influence" her if she started using before him? Whitney just found someone she could smoke with. That's all.

Yes, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink--you have to want to change yourself bad enough to do a total reset sometimes, and that's what Whitney needed--a total reset. Get everyone out of her life that wasn't a positive influence, and surround herself with those who would have been.

Whitney died surrounded by friends and family. Surrounded by people who should've have been looking out for her. Her and Bobby Brown divorced FIVE years ago. They both moved on with their lives. And before the toxicology reports come back, it's a very good chance that she didn't die from drugs at all. You're assuming that she did, and that's not right. So if she dies from something other than drug use, you're still going to blame Bobby Brown for her death? For her demise? Even though they haven't been together to do anything, much less drugs, in five years? He got clean. Whitney got clean. Their past is in the past.

It's very sad that she ended up the way she did, but if she'd asked herself more often "What kind of legacy am I leaving for my daughter?" then maybe things could've turned out better for her. The intervention she needed, was one of physical removal from her life and all that was bad in it--put her somewhere where she can dry out and get a grip, even if it's against her will; she can choose to go back to that lifestyle after she's had a dose of reality, and that's where her family comes into play--they certainly had enough resources at their disposal to just go in and try a hard fix.

Where have you been? They did that already.

Bobby Brown? "To love, honor and cherish." <---what part of that wedding vow makes it ok for a husband to sit back and watch while his wife spirals out of control?

LOL, because he was using too! Like I said, Whitney found someone she could smoke with. They did it together. That's why they stayed together. And Bobby was the one who was trying to get her to slow down....seriously. Why can't you ask the question of why couldn't Whitney influence him to make better decisions? To get off drugs? She was the older one, she was more mature. You still have this idea that he corrupted America's sweetheart.

No, not in the context that you took it in.

Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:08 pm

Jason B. wrote:Clive Davis was real meticulous and bent when it came to tailoring early Whitney to a pop audience. I've heard stories that it took 2 years to record her first album because they wanted to find songs that were appealing to pop fans and how Whitney would have to do multiple takes of songs because she would naturally go "too gospel" with her singing style and had to be reigned in. On her E! True Hollywood story they said that Whitney's original recording of "Saving All My Love For You" featured her going into "Aretha"-mode and blowing the roof off the joint and when Clive heard it he immediately rejected it and said that "white America would not accept that" and had her rerecord it.

Personally I think Whitney's 1985 debut album was a perfect blend of Pop and R&B for white & black audiences to equally enjoy and all her songs from that album were #1 singles on both charts. It was her 1987 followup "Whitney" that went too pop and unlike her debut, none of her singles on that one were #1's on the R&B charts. That's when the "Oreo" backlash started and to make up for it they allowed Whitney to be more "black" with her "I'm Your Baby Tonight" album. For the rest of her career she was allowed to be more "herself" musically.

Preach. They can't comprehend this though.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Whitney Houston Family Told She Died from Rx NOT Drowning

Whitney Houston's family was told by L.A. County Coroner officials ... the singer did not die from drowning, but rather from what appears to be a combination of Xanax and other prescription drugs mixed with alcohol ... this according to family sources.

We're told Coroner's officials informed the family there was not enough water in Whitney's lungs to lead to the conclusion that she drowned.

Our sources say the family was told Whitney may well have died before her head became submerged.

And family sources tell us ... it was actually Whitney's aunt, Mary Jones, who discovered Whitney's body in the bathtub. Mary had laid out Whitney's dress for the evening on the bed and then left for about a half hour. When Whitney didn't come out of the bathroom, Mary entered, pulled Whitney out of the tub and began administering CPR.

And we're told ... Whitney's mom has arranged to have the singer's body flown back to Atlanta, as early as tomorrow. The family was told the Coroner has no problem releasing the body because there is no evidence of foul play -- and unless cops put a hold on the body, it can be flown back East.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/13/whitney-houston-cause-of-death-prescription-drugs-drowning-atlanta/
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:16 pm

When I heard they initially said maybe drowning, the first question I had was WAS THERE WATER IN THE TUB?
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Hyacinth Girl Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:38 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
    YOU are the one who chose to bring up race, therefore you obviously have underlying issues if you really thought that's what my post alluded to.

But you're the one who's getting her pants in a bunch about it. . .

Nystyle709 wrote:

Now point to me where I stereotyped ANYBODY in my post? You singled out my statement about her being dressed up for white America....where is the stereotype in that? Where did I stereotype white Americans? What did I say TO stereotype white Americans? LOL. Yeah, you do have guilty conscience.

Just the fact that you chose to draw a line between white and black in your comment, stereotypes White America as not being appeased by Black performers unless they perform a certain way, or sing "more white". Black or white never crossed my mind on this subject until you brought it up, so no, my conscience is guilty of nothing.

Nystyle709 wrote:

And I think you only responded to it because you're one of the many who thinks that nigga Bobby Brown is the one who brought Whitney down....whether you want to admit it or not. And it struck a nerve.

Again--pants in a bunch and getting defensive. I never once thought of or called Bobby Brown a "nigga", but you just did, and that whole statement up there^^ is generalizing, and putting words in the mouths of people in general.

Nystyle709 wrote:

LOL, only crack dealers, criminals and everything else is in the 'hood, eh? What's the 'hood? What do you think of when you hear the word 'hood? LOL. Keep shooting yourself in the foot.

I think of any neighborhood where there are rampant problems, discord, crime, etc., regardless of who lives there and what color their skin is. Try again.

Nystyle709 wrote:

No, not in the context that you took it in.

Then what context should I have taken it in? We have "White America", "Black America", hell even "Latino" and "Asian" Americas---last time I checked, America was the United States, and we should be able to see beyond past divisions by now, and not even have to go into the zone of "black performers" and "white performers" and "crossing over" between the two. Again, I don't give two hoots what color you are--you're the one that made the comment about Clive Davis and the music industry in general "whitifying" Whitney and other black performers, and that's what I singled out, because again, shouldn't we all just grow the f-up already and appreciate the music (and everything else for that matter) without it having to "belong" to one group?

Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:06 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:

But you're the one who's getting her pants in a bunch about it. . .

If you call shutting you down in something you were obviously wrong about as getting my pants in a bunch, then whatever.

Just the fact that you chose to draw a line between white and black in your comment, stereotypes White America as not being appeased by Black performers unless they perform a certain way, or sing "more white".

But its TRUTH. I'm not making declarations on anything that can't be proven. Read Marcs response. Read Jasons responses. That's what HAPPENED.

Black or white never crossed my mind on this subject until you brought it up, so no, my conscience is guilty of nothing.

LOL, if it didn't cross your mind, then you wouldn't have bothered to single it out.

Again--pants in a bunch and getting defensive. I never once thought of or called Bobby Brown a "nigga", but you just did, and that whole statement up there^^ is generalizing, and putting words in the mouths of people in general.

I said you "thought" it. I didn't say you "said"it. And I know you would never admit to it on here, so don't worry. You MIGHT not think of him as a nigga but your opinion if him I'M SURE isn't far off. big grin

I think of any neighborhood where there are rampant problems, discord, crime, etc., regardless of who lives there and what color their skin is. Try again.

LOL. Right.

Then what context should I have taken it in? We have "White America", "Black America", hell even "Latino" and "Asian" Americas---last time I checked, America was the United States, and we should be able to see beyond past divisions by now, and not even have to go into the zone of "black performers" and "white performers" and "cr ossing over" between the two.

Again, I don't give two hoots what color you are--you're the one that made the comment about Clive Davis and the music industry in general "whitifying" Whitney and other black performers, and that's what I singled out, because again,

Is it not true though. Answer that. Is what I'm saying COMPLETELY false?

shouldn't we all just grow the f-up already and appreciate the music (and everything else for that matter) without it having to "belong" to one group?

Well, lets see here. We are talking about her peak in the 80's. The Kumbaya spirit that you think seems to exist so much here in 2012 wasnt quite as prevalent then. remember....MTV didn't play black videos before MJ came out with one that was trendsetting. Someone had to break barriers. Someone had to crossover. So yeah, I can talk about "black" music and "black" performers and "crossovers" into white America because its HISTORY. It's fact. I'm talking about what occurred. It doesn't have to belong to a certain group, even though most modern music DOES belong to a certain "group". I won't go there however. Let me ask you this.....are you a genuine fan of R&B music?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 6:51 pm