CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Should colleges allow male and female students to be dorm-mates?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Should colleges allow male and female students to be dorm-mates? Empty Should colleges allow male and female students to be dorm-mates?

Post by Chris Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:21 am

Would you be in favor of universities allowing males and females to be dorm mates? Just to personalize it a bit, if your daughter was entering college as a freshman, and she was slated to share a room with a upperclassmen male, would you have an issue with it?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Should colleges allow male and female students to be dorm-mates? Empty Re: Should colleges allow male and female students to be dorm-mates?

Post by Supernova Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:23 am

I doubt anything would be going on in a coed dorm that wouldn't be going on at any other time outside of class so I don't see what difference it would make.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Should colleges allow male and female students to be dorm-mates? Empty Re: Should colleges allow male and female students to be dorm-mates?

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:11 am

Chris wrote:Would you be in favor of universities allowing males and females to be dorm mates?

Eh, I think it should just stay the way it is.

Just to personalize it a bit, if your daughter was entering college as a freshman, and she was slated to share a room with a upperclassmen male, would you have an issue with it?

I'd be very concerned: yes. She's sharing a room with a man she doesn't know. I think unisex dorms would cause a whole lot of unnecessary problems. Most dorms have communal bathrooms as well. Combine that with hormones, menstrual cycles, PMS, etc........just leave it the way it is.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:45 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

I'd be very concerned: yes. She's sharing a room with a man she doesn't know. I think unisex dorms would cause a whole lot of unnecessary problems. Most dorms have communal bathrooms as well. Combine that with hormones, menstrual cycles, PMS, etc........just leave it the way it is.

Should colleges allow male and female students to be dorm-mates? 35166

It's worked just fine as it is for a long, long, looooooong time! Why change it now to stir up hornest's nests?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:20 pm