CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Tony Marino
Chris
Shale
Supernova
8 posters

There are WAY too many reality TV shows when...

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

There are WAY too many reality TV shows when... Empty There are WAY too many reality TV shows when...

Post by Supernova Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:54 am

Seeing the previews for new shows on TV, I say there are too damn many reality shows of all kinds when the new show is tattoo artists showing off their work on the stage/runway/whatever, and looking to see who the next fashion designer is with the most outrageous ideas, and is it me or is anybody else sick of the American Idol standard 3 judges for any reality show now?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

There are WAY too many reality TV shows when... Empty Re: There are WAY too many reality TV shows when...

Post by Shale Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:10 pm

I don't watch much TV - and (un)reality shows are some of the reasons why.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

There are WAY too many reality TV shows when... Empty Re: There are WAY too many reality TV shows when...

Post by Chris Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:12 pm

I agree. I just saw a commercial for a new one that's going to premiere on NBC soon. I think the focus of this one is wannabe fashion designers. Neutral
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:27 pm

Chris wrote:I agree. I just saw a commercial for a new one that's going to premiere on NBC soon. I think the focus of this one is wannabe fashion designers. Neutral

Yeah that's one that I was talking about. Who SERIOUSLY has so little to do that they're going to watch this stuff?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:42 pm

I don't mind reality shows, I stick mainly to the ones I have been watching for years that actually have some substance. Big Brother, Amazing Race and Survivor.

Have you seen the Bachelor? He looks like a drowned rat, if I were a woman I would be embarrassed to bring that home to mommy and daddy.

American Idol is on way too long, I watched a couple of seasons and just got tired of a 5 month show that could wrap it up in 2.

Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:02 am

I don't mind reality shows either, in fact its a majority of what I watch.

The fashion designer one sounds boring.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:48 am

Cheap to produce and people actually watch them. I thought reality TV was just a fad, but at this point it's proven itself to be a lasting genre.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:10 am

Marc™ wrote:Cheap to produce and people actually watch them. I thought reality TV was just a fad, but at this point it's proven itself to be a lasting genre.

Unfortunately.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:04 pm

With all the cable networks filling up their line-ups with reality programming, it certainly isn't going anywhere.

I like my share of realtiy shows, good (Big Brother) and bad (Housewives) but what I am so tired of is so many writing books and hocking shit products. People are shelling out dollars for it so that won't go away soon either.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:26 pm

Reality TV sucks for the most part. And it's so fucking STUPID. Like, no thought goes into any of them. They give one to anybody.A bunch if NOBODIES getting famous for having zer o talent. Just crazy. I should do one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:01 pm